Question about Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8er23 said:
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Please save the bashing/do not go to work for them stuff.

Apply at another carrier and spare yourself a furlough later next year. With NWA in restructuring PCL/XJ size and fleet makeup are a big question.

Despite what is rumored here don't count on PCL expansion. I have heard just the oppisite from some sources at NWA - that XJ Avros's will be gone by the end of 06' and they will be TP only, and that PCL will be a signicantly smaller operation.

If that happens then NWA would be the only carrier to enter BK and *downsize* it's regional operation. I guess your NWA sources can tell you how shrinking to profitability is a sound busines model.

Fly4hire said:
Despite what is rumored here don't count on PCL expansion. I have heard just the oppisite from some sources at NWA - that XJ Avros's will be gone by the end of 06' and they will be TP only, and that PCL will be a signicantly smaller operation.

Thats exactly what I heard from a manager at Bombardier. Apparently, Mesaba is the 76 seat partner for Northwest and the ink is drying on the deal; according to him PNCL wasn't even considered.

YourPilotFriend said:
Thats exactly what I heard from a manager at Bombardier. Apparently, Mesaba is the 76 seat partner for Northwest and the ink is drying on the deal; according to him PNCL wasn't even considered.

I had not heard the 76 seat part. I'd be suprised to hear NWA can get financing at the moment for new aircraft, but then again Bomardier is not doing well with the sale of these acft either.

Interesting rumor considering nothing has been agreed to either by the judge or the MEC. Of course they could also go to NWA mainline if the 70-100 seat flying is agreed to in-house, or NEWCO as well if not.

Fly4hire said:
I had not heard the 76 seat part. I'd be suprised to hear NWA can get financing at the moment for new aircraft, but then again Bomardier is not doing well with the sale of these acft either.

Interesting rumor considering nothing has been agreed to either by the judge or the MEC. Of course they could also go to NWA mainline if the 70-100 seat flying is agreed to in-house, or NEWCO as well if not.

Actually NewCo is for 77-100 seat aircraft. However, this proposal doesn't make any sense because how do the airbus fit into the deal. I can't see them buying CRJ C series airplanes in 2010 for NewCo. From reading the proposal on 1113(c), It appears that NWA wants the scope clause removed. They have no intentions of modifing it, it just says what it wants to do after it gets relief. Consequently, nobody's job at NWA is safe. Thats why I've been advocating the Unity idea. If they can't secure finacing for the new airplanes, MESA here we come.

Av8er23
They all suck, roll the dice and hope for the best. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back