Question about Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er23

I am suppose to go for an interview at pinnacle soon. I have been beefing up by reading my atp writtn book, AIM, and reasearching subjects like high altitude aerodynamics. My question is aviationinterviews.com says that they were going to change the tests and questions. Does anyone know if this has been acomplished? I feel pretty prepared but I really want this job.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Please save the bashing/do not go to work for them stuff.

hope this is some help.

pinnacle study guide on avinterviews is still good (test still tough)
know Mach tuck
advantages/disadvantages of swept wing
dept alternate
alternate
alternate to alternate
FAR 121.617/619
all i have so far
anyone please add more if ya got it

The Drizzle said:
I'm still stuck on the fact the the words, "I really want this job" and "Pinnacle" were in the same post.

Seriously, might as well say, "I really want somebody to have sex with my girlfriend, in my house, on my sheets."

pm me if you have any questions. I was only on reserve for 1 month here, I like my job and i think its a good place to work. I think half the people who bash this airline don't even work here. Our second year pay is the only thing i have found wrong so far, but they are trying to change that (all though it might take some time) you have to remember, everyone on this website is bitter at life already, so of course they hate their jobs. If you dont believe me, look at every single post and how its the same people over and over bashing one another. This website does not represent what everyone at our airline thinks.

How many other regionals have you worked at before Pinnacle? Actually, a more relevant question- how many more regional contracts have you studied or looked into besides Pinnacle (I mean, really learned about).

I am not flaming or bashing, just simply playing devils advocate. It looks like you came right from a few years of GA into the regionals- of course you like your job there, it beats Cessnas and Cirrus'.

All I am saying is that this industry is hurting BAD, it's ashame that general aviation jobs are so low paying and un-enjoyable anymore.

I know the flamers will have fun with this post, but I am on my second regional and I now (thanks to some massive furloughs from my first regional) know MANY people at ALL the different regionals. One of my good buddies got hired at Pinnacle as a street captain and is looking for something else. (He had no prior PIC time) He says it is SOOOO bad there (for many different reasons- contract, operational, training, safety, etc.) For someone to walk away from a CRJ captain position when he has NO PIC TIME is a strong statement.

Anyway, just my $.02. Not trying to start an argument or anything.

DK

Detroitpilot22 said:
you have to remember, everyone on this website is bitter at life already, so of course they hate their jobs.
Um, no. I didn't hate this job when I first go here either. Just like you and all the other new guys, I thought it was great. Of course, after all the junior assignments, extensions, disciplinary letters for sick calls, miss trips, etc... it just gets old. In other words, you have it all wrong. We weren't bitter at life already, this godforsaken company just made us this way.

Also, it's not just the second year FO pay that is horrible. Before I upgraded I was on 4th year FO pay and still wasn't making what most FOs at other regionals are making in their second year. FO pay at Pinnacle is unbearable no matter how many years of service you have.

Last edited:
PCL like any company is what you make of it. I make less in my position here than I did when I was at my previos carrier but I am a heck of alot happier. Could things be better here? Heck yeah. They could also be a heck of alot worse.

Detroitpilot22 said:
pm me if you have any questions. I was only on reserve for 1 month here, I like my job and i think its a good place to work. I think half the people who bash this airline don't even work here. Our second year pay is the only thing i have found wrong so far, but they are trying to change that...

Smoke crack lately?

You didn't mind 1st year pay making $16k a year? You didn't mind walking up to McD's or Einstein's or any other fast-food airport worker (or even the janitors) knowing they make more than you do and get to be home more?

With that attitude, you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Raise your standards a little for God's sake, man!

...you have to remember, everyone on this website is bitter at life already, so of course they hate their jobs. If you dont believe me, look at every single post and how its the same people over and over bashing one another. This website does not represent what everyone at our airline thinks.
Bitter at life? Hardly. My life is going great! I have a new baby boy, a job that pays me enough to pay (most of) the bills and, by making sure I take advantage of every state and federal law for job protection that is out there, I have been able to avoid disciplinary action for taking whatever time I deem necessary to be at home. This compay does NOT own me.

Um, no. I didn't hate this job when I first go here either. Just like you and all the other new guys, I thought it was great. Of course, after all the junior assignments, extensions, disciplinary letters for sick calls, miss trips, etc... it just gets old. In other words, you have it all wrong. We weren't bitter at life already, this godforsaken company just made us this way.
BINGO!

Latest resources

Back