Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skull-One

Very Large Member
I am fully aware that flight crews (or at least pilots) are prohibited from consuming alcoholic beverages in uniform. My question is, does this also apply to rampers, gate agents, ticket agents, etc. etc. etc.?

I know a lot of companies like SWA and American Eagle have employees that wear polo shirts as a uniform. Is there a prohibition against said personnel wearing these shirts while drinking at a bar? I've seen it before and it seemed odd.

Just curious...

Last edited:
I don't know individual companies policies, but if you visit the Tower Bar just outside of DIA the place is packed every night with people in uniform. (Not pilots)

I used to work ticket counter and gate for CHQ and it was policy that you couldn't even enter an establishment, in uniform, that served or sold alcohol.

Anyone who works for American or American Eagle happen to know if this is true there as well?

i was in Philly during the Series, and it cracked me up to walk around the airport. you'd walk past all the bars and just see these huge crowds of crewmembers standing outside, trying to watch the game through the glass since they weren't allowed inside. reminds me of that song... i'm standing on the outside looking in...:p

Anybody remember the episode on The Man Show of Jimmy and Adam posing as drunk pilots at the airport?

Kind of prophetic since it aired in 2001.

O'Club

You guys should step in the O'Club on a friday afternoon..........All you see are pilot's drinking in uniform....(flight suit that is....)

Anybody remember the episode on The Man Show of Jimmy and Adam posing as drunk pilots at the airport?

That was hilarious! I wish I had a tape of that or something. Those boys would have to deal with the TSA troopers if they tried that now.:eek:

You guys should step in the O'Club on a friday afternoon..........All you see are pilot's drinking in uniform....(flight suit that is....)

Dude - you're not kidding. This whole airline thing has been quite an adjustment. I remember going to airshows and I we'd barely have the canopy open and they'd be handing us a beer.

"Hold on Boss, let me at least safe my ejection seat first!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back