Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Horses

Am I reading this correctly?

Continental's hiring min's are for 1000 PIC hours in a fixed-wing, does this including instructing in a 172, for example?

And the 1000 hours of turbine time can be all SIC?

Thus, is it correct to say, one could have 1000 hours as a CFI, then have worked as a FO at a regional for 1000 hours, and meet the minimums for CAL?

Just curious, Thanks.

I would suspect that these would not be competetive minimums. Unless maybe you know someone high up in the company that could walk your resume in.

Flying Horses said:
Am I reading this correctly?

Continental's hiring min's are for 1000 PIC hours in a fixed-wing, does this including instructing in a 172, for example?

And the 1000 hours of turbine time can be all SIC?

Thus, is it correct to say, one could have 1000 hours as a CFI, then have worked as a FO at a regional for 1000 hours, and meet the minimums for CAL?

Just curious, Thanks.

I understand that these are definitely NOT competitive minimums. But say you did an internship with CAL and DO know someone in management, would my above example allow you to be eligible, or do I need a minimum of 1000 TURBINE PIC?

I wouldn't want to submit a resume if I don't have at least the published minimums.

P.S. I have about 4000 total fixed wing, 2000 PIC (only 250 PIC in turbine), and 1800 Turbine SIC.

Should I bother sending an app with such low times? I would be able to get a LOR from a management pilot at CAL.

Flying Horses said:
P.S. I have about 4000 total fixed wing, 2000 PIC (only 250 PIC in turbine), and 1800 Turbine SIC.

Should I bother sending an app with such low times? I would be able to get a LOR from a management pilot at CAL.

Yes you are correct.
You meet the mins.
Good luck!
:D

Flying Horses said:
I understand that these are definitely NOT competitive minimums. But say you did an internship with CAL and DO know someone in management, would my above example allow you to be eligible, or do I need a minimum of 1000 TURBINE PIC?

I wouldn't want to submit a resume if I don't have at least the published minimums.

I know someone in much the same shoes as you (CAL internship, LOR) who did get an interview at CAL with no turbine PIC. Did not get the job, however.

I was an intern, I met all the requirements, had the LOR's and got hired. I have 2400 SIC turbine, 0 PIC turbine. I know three guys that were also interns and they had PIC turbine time, met the requirements and still didn't get hired. I don't know why. These are great guys. I guess it all depends on the interview.

Frosty328 said:
I guess it all depends on the interview.

AND what they thought of you when you were an intern.

I just flew with a captain that used to be on the hiring board. He said that once they've verified that your qualifications are legit its all about your personality and ability to play well with others.

You can train most anyone (who has reached the level to be considered for an airline job) to fly an airliner but you can't train them to not be an azhole and make up their own rules.

I'm still 500me away from the requirement, got the tt and turbine time... stupid caravan single engines, :)

Does anyone know how they are on the background check? old, old speeding tickets and busted up (but fixing) credit.

I hope they are still hiring in a year.

sb

How is CAL poised for the future? I know they are hiring, but what is the potential for long term growth/sustainablity.

And how about the pay rates? Are they going to stay the same or is CAL going to take cuts? How long is reserve and Capt Upgrade?

Latest resources

Back