• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Quarterly numbers for Skywest: Not Good

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what besides weather are driving the drain on cash? Xjet? Engine Overhaul Expenses? Lease Return Costs? Other? Just curious what is the primary driver

It's the CPAs Skywest Inc negotiated for ASA and XJT. They don't produce enough revenue. That and the obvious fact that they are paying for the costs of two sets of management compensation, two sets of office staff, two sets of infrastructure, two sets of procedures and processes.

Last edited:
It's the CPAs Skywest Inc negotiated for ASA and XJT. They don't produce enough revenue. That and the obvious fact that they are paying for the costs of two sets of management compensation, two sets of office staff, two sets of infrastructure, two sets of procedures and processes.

And the XJT pilots continue to force the company to have THREE distinct pilot groups. There are still three distinct dispatch groups, and I would be willing to bet there are three distinct flight attendant groups. Mechanics as well? Point being, you can only try to deflect the blame for so long.

Nice job on dispatch last night. Great route you sent that CRJ through from IAH-DEN. Glad they only got severe turb followed by cont MDT. Hope nobody was hurt. Last we heard on the radio they were checking. Can't believe the pilots even wanted that route when everyone else was either waiting for the weather to pass.

Can't cancel flights for weather or they will lose money so just send them through and hope for the best !!

NICE

And the XJT pilots continue to force the company to have THREE distinct pilot groups. There are still three distinct dispatch groups, and I would be willing to bet there are three distinct flight attendant groups. Mechanics as well? Point being, you can only try to deflect the blame for so long.

Actually, no. We are happy to integrate ASA/XJT pilots. We just don't want to take pay cuts and subsidize the TWO separate dispatchers, pilots, mechanics, flight attendants, staff, and management that would still exist at Skywest airlines. Inc has all the power to negotiate with flight attendants, mechanics, and dispatchers in order to complete the integration of those employee groups at ASA/XJT. But why don't they? That's because it's actually Inc who is holding everything up. Whipsawing three employee groups is better for Inc than whipsawing two. That's why!

This is all about our ceo's immoral business model where he puts human beings, that are his employees, against each, all for a some more money.

Last edited:
Nice job on dispatch last night. Great route you sent that CRJ through from IAH-DEN. Glad they only got severe turb followed by cont MDT. Hope nobody was hurt. Last we heard on the radio they were checking. Can't believe the pilots even wanted that route when everyone else was either waiting for the weather to pass.

Can't cancel flights for weather or they will lose money so just send them through and hope for the best !!

NICE

Interesting, usually ATC tells me what I can and cannot do with my route when there are thunderstorms impacting arrival and departure gates. Didn't know dispatchers had that much power.

NICE

You talking to me? Are you talking about a SKW flight? From your last comment, I'm assuming you are talking about a XJT flight. Wrong person to blame in that case.

Actually, no. We are happy to integrate ASA/XJT pilots. We just don't want to take pay cuts and subsidize the TWO separate dispatchers, pilots, mechanics, flight attendants, staff, and management that would still exist at Skywest airlines. Inc has all the power to negotiate with flight attendants, mechanics, and dispatchers in order to complete the integration of those employee groups at ASA/XJT. But why don't they? That's because it's actually Inc who is holding everything up. Whipsawing three employee groups is better for Inc than whipsawing two. That's why!

This is all about our ceo's immoral business model where he puts human beings, that are his employees, against each, all for a some more money.

That's awesome, and I know whose group is at the top of CC's list. Godspeed, my friend.

Interesting, usually ATC tells me what I can and cannot do with my route when there are thunderstorms impacting arrival and departure gates. Didn't know dispatchers had that much power.

When it comes right down to it, I hope YOU tell ATC what you WILL and WILL NOT do with your route when there are thunderstorms impacting your flight path.

Fwiw, I have been doing this flying thing for a while, and I have only had to do this once or twice. ATC almost always does a great job of steering me around bad stuff. But sometimes.....

Last edited:
When it comes right down to it, I hope YOU tell ATC what you WILL and WILL NOT do with your route when there are thunderstorms impacting your flight path.

That is a given...It is rather amazing what ATC will try and send you through....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back