• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q's for the ASA coalition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe I missed it on another thread but what are these four bringing to the table? More specifically why are they so sure of a quick agreement? No flame, I just want an informed vote.

Joe M.?

Anybody?

I think your attitude it echoed by some of the current ALPA leadership. Some of us disagree and think ASA could have a bright future. Some of us are tired of the "burn it down" attitude.

Luckily, the majority of us have the "burn it down" attitude. I think that's the only attitude that will either bring the company down or get a contract worth anything. We'll see!

Luckily, the majority of us have the "burn it down" attitude. I think that's the only attitude that will either bring the company down or get a contract worth anything. We'll see!

Luckily?!? What sort of brain injury did you sustain? Newflash for you 601- what we have NOW ain't all that bad. Why don't you take a nice look around and see just what it is your gonna' end up with if you do manage to "burn it down".

Also, I dissagree with your version of "majority". That being predicated on the 93% strike vote (of which only 85% of our pilot group voted on, and also excluded probationary newhires). Oh, and not to mention many voted "In Favor" in an effort to give our MEC the upper hand in negotiations. Many pilots would not have voted to approve this if they had realized that self destruction was assured (with the mantra "STAY THE COURSE") for a strike. Sit back and watch as ASA becomes part of the "Don't let this happen to you" club when we walk.

When I go to work, I definately don't see a majority with this attitude. The "burn it down" attitude is definately the minority. I voted to strike, but I am not in the "burn it down" group. Those of you who are in that group would be better served going somewhere else. You probably won't even get the chance to burn it down, so you might as well go somewhere your more happy.

Last edited:
10 people on FI is NOT a "majority" of 1800. Sorry to burst your bubble. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Luckily?!? What sort of brain injury did you sustain? Newflash for you 601- what we have NOW ain't all that bad. Why don't you take a nice look around and see just what it is your gonna' end up with if you do manage to "burn it down".

Also, I dissagree with your version of "majority". That being predicated on the 93% strike vote (of which only 85% of our pilot group voted on, and also excluded probationary newhires). Oh, and not to mention many voted "In Favor" in an effort to give our MEC the upper hand in negotiations. Many pilots would not have voted to approve this if they had realized that self destruction was assured (with the mantra "STAY THE COURSE") for a strike. Sit back and watch as ASA becomes part of the "Don't let this happen to you" club when we walk.

I guess I sustained a significant one, I still work here! I don't know where you worked before you came to ASA, but it must have been pretty bad if you think this place is great or even good. I guess if I was instructing in a 1950 172 and then came to ASA, I would think ASA was better. For most of us that have had jobs previous to this one, this one is not that great. Some of you guys on this board think ASA is the best and last hope for employment in the world! If ASA goes under, it would not hurt my feelings a bit. I'm sure a majority of the people in Atlanta would agree, especially if ASA was replaced with a better managed company that could actually maintain an on-time schedule and get their bags to the correct destination. What a concept! Most of the problems with ASA is not the results of the pilots, but at least we have the influence to change some of them.

I guess I sustained a significant one, I still work here! I don't know where you worked before you came to ASA, but it must have been pretty bad if you think this place is great or even good. I guess if I was instructing in a 1950 172 and then came to ASA, I would think ASA was better. For most of us that have had jobs previous to this one, this one is not that great. Some of you guys on this board think ASA is the best and last hope for employment in the world! If ASA goes under, it would not hurt my feelings a bit. I'm sure a majority of the people in Atlanta would agree, especially if ASA was replaced with a better managed company that could actually maintain an on-time schedule and get their bags to the correct destination. What a concept! Most of the problems with ASA is not the results of the pilots, but at least we have the influence to change some of them.

Yup- my job prior to ASA tried to kill me a number of times. Bad airplanes, bad equipment, and bad management before I came here. I don't have ANY dual given time so I can't help you with that. However, I can say with some degree of certainty that ATLANTA itself is a host of most of the problems. Any airline that passes through Atlanta, regardless of who runs it, is going to suffer from the same problems and to the same extent that we at ASA face. I wish that we had access to the EXACT data for Chautauqua and Mesa regarding Atlanta performance and statistics-I think it would strengthen my point. Also, as far as being late- some of the late departures are brought on by the pilots in the face of our current contract status- can't say I blame those that do, as I have been known delay things as much as I can myself. Although my last round trip on a four day or one before a great layover always seems to leave on time.

Now, with that being said- Leadership examples are set for others to follow from the VERY top. I cannot say that I am pleased with our current leadership examples as set forth by BL or even CT. Personally, I think Aiken lost his chance to totally transform us by firstly GUTTING all of the poor managment that we had under Delta ownership. Problems follow the people, and BL has not helped to stem the tide. I whole heartedly believe we are playing pitty games of stepping over dollars to pick up pennies. My frustration isn't for the company, but for those that run it. ASA has capable employees and labor, a fruitful flying contract, a strong hub, outstanding maintenance and professional pilots. The previously listed isn't worth "burning to the ground", when all it needs is a decapitation. However, all of these things are a waste under a management that toils blindly in the dark with no direction- just like a ship with no rudder!

However, all of these things are a waste under a management that toils blindly in the dark with no direction- just like a ship with no rudder!

Very true. Under G&J we had some leadership. Things began to go downhill under Skippy, and now Brian. Both of these gentlemen 'retired' from DAL, and sought to run ASA as they did DAL, and look where DAL is today. As you mentioned "no direction", I couldn't agree more. These managers wait for someone to tell them what to do, DAL at one point, and now JA and SKYW.

JA had a prime opportunity to turn around the ASA culture, and choose not to do so that he could become the next Frank Lorenzo. A real shame to let that opportunity go.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

10 people on FI is NOT a "majority" of 1800. Sorry to burst your bubble. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

My vote is to burn this place down. Unless this a radical shift from management, my goal is to bankrupt Skywest Inc. Probably won't go that far, but I'm trying every day. I plan on using the Fab 4, actually the Jackson 5 as kindling.

ps. VeeOne is Joe Mercent in sheeps clothing. Does that hag girlfriend of yours know this Joey?

My vote is to burn this place down. Unless this a radical shift from management, my goal is to bankrupt Skywest Inc. Probably won't go that far, but I'm trying every day. I plan on using the Fab 4, actually the Jackson 5 as kindling.

ps. VeeOne is Joe Mercent in sheeps clothing. Does that hag girlfriend of yours know this Joey?
keep this one thing in mind: I have printed this out to keep in the unlikely event I can figure out who you are and I'll pass this along to the powers that be.

To have disagreements with the way a company is managed is one thing but, to intentionally try to damage ANY company is criminal. Its not simply ASA or SkyW, its me and the several other thousand people that work here and SkyW and Delta.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back