• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qs. for a jetBlue dude?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's too bad. I was hoping for a another west coast base.

That may not be as far off as I was implying, but I think a west coast base for the 190 is a ways off. I could see a 320 base out there within a year or so, with a slow growing presence of 190's to eventually make it a base there for it as well.

We only have around 30 E190's, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to split what little flying it has that many ways just yet, but it will some day.

As for why couldn't we have a pilot only co-base just because the FA's wouldn't go for it? Yes we do have a tiny PBI co-presence with the FLL pilot base and perhaps it does occasionally help cover a flight here and there. But having a full fledged co-base was integral in the model for FLL/PBI in the first place. Then the FA's revolted and basically refused to do it anymore, so the company caved.

Then the company was in a position to really have to screw a lot of employees by closing a base, only to probably re-open it eventually anyway as the flying grew. I think the same thing is going on in the bay area. If pilots and FA's would go for a co-base with 2 or 3 of the bay area airports it would make a base happen sooner. The company learned their lesson though, and they have to take that into consideration.

The bay area will almost definately be a base for us eventually, but whenever it opens it will be later than it otherwise would have because of the co-base issue. It will also eventually IMO be a 190 base, but not in the immediate future.

The company is very careful about opening a base. They have to be absolutely sure it will be a base for the duration (early 2008, after which time we start paying for airplanes and quickly vanish) :laugh:

What's the problem with mco being a base? Training center is there, bunch of pilots live there. Easy airport as far as employee parking, etc.

Do you really think so? I am going to the next FA class here in Orlando. I live here. I really want a crew base here BAD!!! Thanks for the info

Yes, it should happen next year. It has been widely talked about by both pilots and management.

Last edited:
duplicate post.

Latest resources

Back