Qs. for a jetBlue dude?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stugatz78

I have a class date on Oct. 10 and I live on the west coast. I am wondering if anyone commutes from LA and what the best method is? This is my first 121 job and am new to the whole commute thing. How many days off between trips etc??? I appreciate any help. Does anyone out there actually do this?

Where in LA are you? To commute to jfk from long beach is actually fairly easy. I am from northern ca and when I go home to see family, I always go through LGB and have never had an issue. There are a few times a year it can get tight but for the most part its very easy. You also have BUR, ONT on us or go to LAX and then you have united and american, they are both very good to us. I guess it just depends on where in the LA area you live. As for anyone actually doing it, yes...there are quite a few.

I commute from SFO-JFK but LAX-JFK actually has more flights. LGB/ONT/BUR all have flights to JFK, LGB has the most. As a RSV guy you'll probably do 6 on 4 off to minimize your commute. We're testing long call/short call but there has to be enough RSV coverage. Hopefully you'll be on the bus so you can transfer to LGB within 18-24 months. Big rumor is 190 west coast.

Right on! thanks for the info. I live near LAX, but LGB and BUR are both pretty easy drives! I guess the best bet would be LGB to JFK. Do you guys go to a crash pad out there or can you commute to be there in time for work??? that'd be a long day!!!

I have been with JB for 20 months now. I commuted out of LGB for 6 months before I got based at LGB.
Commuting was easy from LGB. I kept a crashpad until I had enough seniority to hold commutable trips.

I drive down from Valencia, JB pays for parking at LGB

Welcome to JB

Great! Thank you for sharing your insight. I think that I'll be doing the same then out of LGB! Sounds like the best plan!

I commute from SFO-JFK but LAX-JFK actually has more flights. LGB/ONT/BUR all have flights to JFK, LGB has the most. As a RSV guy you'll probably do 6 on 4 off to minimize your commute. We're testing long call/short call but there has to be enough RSV coverage. Hopefully you'll be on the bus so you can transfer to LGB within 18-24 months. Big rumor is 190 west coast.

Be careful about using BUR. The flights are always weight restricted to some degree due to short runways/terrain. Most of the time standbys get on but it's just another issue that could effect your commute.

Anybody know where these 190's might be based on the west coast?

If it happens (big if) it would most likely be the bay area. The plane will go out there, but I wouldn't count on a base for a while, but when and if it ever happens, the bay area in general and SFO in particular would be my guess. The FA's would instantly kill any deal to have a co-base (SFO-OAK-SJC) so that will probably reduce the chance of it happening even further. Still possible though I guess.

If it happens (big if) it would most likely be the bay area. The plane will go out there, but I wouldn't count on a base for a while, but when and if it ever happens, the bay area in general and SFO in particular would be my guess. The FA's would instantly kill any deal to have a co-base (SFO-OAK-SJC) so that will probably reduce the chance of it happening even further. Still possible though I guess.

Why not a co-base?, we have one in FL for pilots only.

Latest resources

Back