• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm ... on the 7&7 there are approx 26 weeks of work available. After 10 years you have 4 weeks of vacation plus another week of PTO. That leaves 21...

If your including the 3 weeks of training, thats still time away from home. Am I missing something?

sick days.....

So how many are getting furloughed now?

July 2008
Hired
Matthew Higdon
375 TT & 127 ME
Matthew began ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program on November 26, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. Pinnacle Airlines hired Matthew 7 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $52,495.

Christopher (Privacy Requested)
Christopher began ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program on September 10, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. Christopher instructed at the ATP DWH Training Center. Mesa Airlines hired Christopher 9 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $52,495.

June 2008
Leon Gray
650 TT & 420 ME
Leon began ATP’s Private Pilot & Airline Career Pilot Programs on June 4, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. Leon instructed at the ATP DAB Training Center. Comair hired Leon 12 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $53,000.

Joseph Tate
250 TT & 135 ME
Joseph began ATP’s Private Pilot & Airline Career Pilot Programs on August 6, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. Pinnacle Airlines hired Joseph 10 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $62,000.

Beau Linn
250 TT & 135 ME
Beau began ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program on November 12, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. Pinnacle Airlines hired Beau 7 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $52,000.

Brandon Hayes
Brandon began ATP’s CFI Program on January 3, 2008. Brandon instructed at the ATP PHX Training Center. Comair hired Brandon 5 months after starting training with ATP.

John Nisbet
420 TT & 330 ME
John began ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program on September 10, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. John instructed at the ATP PFN Training Center. Colgan Air hired John 9 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $51,995.

Michael (Privacy Requested)
Michael began ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program on July 23, 2007, and then completed ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification. Michael instructed at the ATP DFW Training Center. Comair hired Michael 10 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $49,995.

Jacob (Privacy Requested)
715 TT & 380 ME
Jacob began ATP’s Private Pilot & Airline Career Pilot Programs on December 4, 2006. Jacob instructed at the ATP LGB Training Center. Comair hired Jacob 18 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $53,990.

Anthony Jones
Anthony began ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program on May 28, 2007. Anthony instructed at the ATP Training Center. Airnet Express hired Anthony 12 months after starting training with ATP. Total fixed cost for airline training program: $44,995.

all that for a 18k a year salary.....i dont feel sorry for them at all. If they wont take the job then the salaries will go up.

all that for a 18k a year salary.....i dont feel sorry for them at all. If they wont take the job then the salaries will go up.

How much did your first flying job pay?
Hopefully more than $18,100 or you my friend are as quilty as they are.

I hate when people say, "If they didn't take the job then the salaries would go up".

Yes, it's a true statement but it's from a very myopic viewpoint.

If everybody refused to pay for popcorn at the movies then they'd give it away for free. Imagine that! Fee popcorn!!!!

If everyone refused to drive a car that used gas then, whooo hooo!, the environment would get fixed.

If everyone refused to clean public bathrooms then janitors would live like rock stars owning multi-million dollar mansions.

The same argument was said about PFT...Remember? "If no one paid it then it would go away"...

Okay Cletis, here's the thing. The world is populated by BILLIONS of individual people. We can't get everyone to agree on ANYTHING...EVER!

Two presidential candidates and the population is split. Roe V. Wade and the population is split. Gun Control or NRA and the population is split. Christian or Jewish and the population is split. Religious or Atheist and the population is split. Pepsi or Coke and the population is split.

Don't ever say, "if no one did 'such and such' then the world would be better" cause with so many people out there looking out for themselves I guarantee someone will do "such and such".

Just pointing out the obvious over here.

what im saying is why pay all that money for a job that pays crap.......people pay for a movie to start with....popcorn is optional....people buy cars....gas is optional.....

why pay 50k for a job that pay less than half that.

when i started flying it cost me about 14k for all my ratings....i made 21k as a cfi my first year....

my point is by accepting the job for such crappy pay is exactly why the pay is crappy.

21K is crapy pay by my book.

18K is great pay by some CFIs book.

Just because market forces allowed you a slight pay bump for your first gig doesn't mean that's what exists today.

With that said I have no idea why anyone would get into avition today. Maybe the "love of flight", or "dad's making me". I don't know. But for whatever reason they are getting in and if they don't take the job someone else will. And they know that.

My only point is to stop beating the "if everyone would just stop" drum because EVERYONE never will.

My only point is to stop beating the "if everyone would just stop" drum because EVERYONE never will.

someone has too.....otherwise it will never be fixed. How bout you stop the stop the "if everyone would just stop" thing.....that's why the industry sucks, is because people choose to ignore it then complain about thier crappy pay.

Latest resources

Back