• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL at FedEx in Domicile

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you were willing (and eager) to take CGN, would that give you a leg up?

AdlerDriver, That was the best response to a FedEx question that I have seen....thanks for taking the time. I have been researching life at FedEx and it is hard to find good info that isn't surrounded by crap. Thanks man.

If you were willing (and eager) to take CGN, would that give you a leg up?

I would say yes, it might. They have been giving interview preference to those who are willing to go to CGN, HKG or ANC depending on where they need bodies.

I guess you have to at least get a call for an interview, so I don't think your eagerness will help with that part. Once they call, you can make your wishes known and that may result in an earlier interview and/or early start date for basic indoc. That's what I've heard is going on - I'm not intimately involved with the hiring process, so take that for what it's worth.

dhc8fo,
You're welcome for the response. Happy to help.

AlderDriver...again thanks for taking the time to give us a full no-bull$hit response...much appreciated. A couple more questions for you: How senior is LAX? Do you guys have travel benefits (zed fares, etc) with other airlines...I know Fedex pilots make enough money to buy their own tickets...but I'm still curious. Thanks.

AlderDriver...again thanks for taking the time to give us a full no-bull$hit response...much appreciated. A couple more questions for you: How senior is LAX? Do you guys have travel benefits (zed fares, etc) with other airlines...I know Fedex pilots make enough money to buy their own tickets...but I'm still curious. Thanks.

LAX is the most senior base. It's only MD-11s and the most junior pilot was hired at the end of our last hiring period in about 2006.

I would say that barring big changes in our current structure, it would be 3-5 years from DOH this year before a new hire could hold it. Then expect to be on reserve for a good long while.

Yes, we do have ID-90 type options with some airlines (is that the same as a "zed fare"?). I don't know much more than that. I really don't hear many guys talk about using them, although I'm sure some do. Many guys I fly with rack up huge FF miles with all their deadheads and just cash in those miles.

Just a quick informative questions: Being a citizen of a country member of the EU with right to work and residence/domicile in any EU country (in theis case Germany) would provide any advantage in the selection at FedEx?

Just a quick informative questions: Being a citizen of a country member of the EU with right to work and residence/domicile in any EU country (in theis case Germany) would provide any advantage in the selection at FedEx?

Living outside the U.S. actually would disqualify you from being hired. Our contract with the US postal service requires all pilots to have lived in the U.S. for the last 5 years (exempting any time spent outside the U.S. due to military service).

Living outside the U.S. actually would disqualify you from being hired. Our contract with the US postal service requires all pilots to have lived in the U.S. for the last 5 years (exempting any time spent outside the U.S. due to military service).

I'd always heard that FedEx wanted 5 years living in U.S. but never understood why. Thanks for the info!

I am actually a US citizen and have been living, residing and working in the US, so I would qualify for the above mentioned requirement. I did not phrase the question properly; simply wondering if EU citizenship in addition to the US would help in being considered if the CGN base is requested.

That is good to know too, did not know; thank you.

Latest resources

Back