• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar New Pilot Bond

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend of mine was telling me about a law that states if you take an over-seas job, when you return to the USA you are not allowed to work for an operator that carries US Mail for something like 4 or 5 years. Can anybody confirm this or have any details about this law? It would be great to make some money over-seas for a few years, but I would hate to come back and not be able to get a job.

The only company where this will affect you is FedEx, but in that company is not that law that is your problem, is knowing somebody that is a member of the northern Mississippi flying club.

All kidding a side, people working abroad are not having any problem getting jobs back home

The only company where this will affect you is FedEx, but in that company is not that law that is your problem, is knowing somebody that is a member of the northern Mississippi flying club.

All kidding a side, people working abroad are not having any problem getting jobs back home

Good to hear! I'll have to find out where he got his info from. And, yes, it sure would be nice to be a part of that club!

The stupid thing is that if you get hired by FedEx, you will more than likely be based in Hong Kong or Cologne which are overseas. I guess it is ok though if you work for them and live overseas. Oh, well....their playground...they make the rules.

Some of the other airlines with US mail contracts don't have the same rule so I think it is the same as the beard/oxygen mask lie in the US. I was always told in the US that we were not allowed to have beards because the oxygen mask would not seal properly.....works just fine over here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back