Qatar Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

Anyone here work for Qatar Airways, or know some details about the airline?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

NYR

Seem to be growing rapidly.. However dont hear alot of good about them. And Qatar aint no Dubai!

NYRangers,

Check out www.pprune.org and look at the "Middle East" forum. You will find a lot of information related to Qatar Airways. Let me prepare you - most of it is VERY negative. Sure, the airline is growing rapidly, but evidently the crews are treated like $hit. If you were to go to the Middle East, try for Emirates. I hear a few Delta guys got on recently and are now flying a 777. Not bad.

Good luck

Heavy Set said:
NYRangers,

Check out www.pprune.org and look at the "Middle East" forum. You will find a lot of information related to Qatar Airways. Let me prepare you - most of it is VERY negative. Sure, the airline is growing rapidly, but evidently the crews are treated like $hit. If you were to go to the Middle East, try for Emirates. I hear a few Delta guys got on recently and are now flying a 777. Not bad.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

Regards,

NYR

As above, there is good info about Qatar on Pprune. If you are out of a job it would be okay, but I wouldn't choose it as a career based on what people on Pprune have to say about the place. They do have big expansion plans with lots of big airplanes on order. Nice looking flight attendants too :D

Doha is not like Dubai, but they seem to want to emulate the success of Dubai so it could well become much nicer in the future.

Heavy Set, no Delta pilots at Emirates yet. We've got USAirways, TWA, United, and American so far but haven't heard or met any Delta guys.

Typhoonpilot

Im not sure how much they pay either... I have a friend at AA who is about to get furloughed there and interviewed at Kuwait. They originally hired him as an A310 captain for a wopping 70k per year. One would almost think with an oil rich country you might at least get a descent pay check....

Isn't it tax free, with housing included, though? That'd equate to about $100k plus the housing savings.

Whats the payscale at Emirates like? Anything close to USA pay?

A word about foreign airline pay scales. Never look at the top line, always look at the bottom line, i.e. how much goes into your pocket at the end of the month. Look at housing ( allowance/company provided/nothing ), taxes ( some/none/ a lot ), schooling ( partial or full re-imbursement ), transportation ( local and on-line ). You have to look at the whole package. Some $8,000 per month jobs you can take home more than half, others only a few thousand.

Look at www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

Some of the info you seek is on there.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back