Qatar Airways anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup...almost neighbors

Yes, I talk to him fairly regularly in fact and have been acquaintances for several years. He's a good guy, and I don't like to see people attacked or bashed publicly on an information board. I didn't say I thought he was the coolest guy in the world, although there are plenty of people on here that seem to think they fit that bill. I also have respect for General Lee as well based solely on experience...I don't know him, nor most on here, from a hole in the wall.

It bothers me sometimes when people do the "my plane is bigger than yours" routine and take a good, informative thread and make it their own personal ego trip. I'm no expert on anything, I'm just a dumb pilot...

Do you know or have you met him? I am very happy for him personally, as I know he has a difficult situation with the family and the commute to Africa, however, I have met him and can tell you that if I had to spend 2 hours let alone 10 or 12 hours in a cockpit with him I would have to gouge out my f@&king eyeballs at the end of it. It is funny how we assign personalities to people based on what they post on an internet board. Most of you think General Lee is a big tool and Cliff is the coolest guy on the planet. I dont know the General, but I have met Cliff, and I feel sorry for the pilots at Atlas.

Right or wrong, it's not very classy to slam people like you do. Perhaps he acted that way around you because you are the tool. I've flown with cool pilots and dorks. Welcome to aviation... Not everyone is Chuck Yeager like you.

I just read in another thread that in 2009 Australia awarded 20 new ATP licenses......20..........

cliff
LFW

hey cliff!

I know a few of those guys! In 2008 i was one of the 20! The aussie atp written exams are pretty tough, 7 exams and with no atp study guide with the answers.

Hope the flying is going well for you mate.

V

Do you know or have you met him? I am very happy for him personally, as I know he has a difficult situation with the family and the commute to Africa, however, I have met him and can tell you that if I had to spend 2 hours let alone 10 or 12 hours in a cockpit with him I would have to gouge out my f@&king eyeballs at the end of it. It is funny how we assign personalities to people based on what they post on an internet board. Most of you think General Lee is a big tool and Cliff is the coolest guy on the planet. I dont know the General, but I have met Cliff, and I feel sorry for the pilots at Atlas.

Well, I met Cliff in NBO and had a very nice dinner with him. He is a wealth of information on many subjects. Not your cup of tea maybe but none the less a nice guy!

And now....back to our regularly scheduled program about getting hired at Qatar...

craziness prevails!

Latest resources

Back