• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar Airways anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a QR post. If you want to bring up a ton of stuff about KQ, put it in a KQ post, or start a new one.

Just heard (about 10 min ago) a bunch of stuff about KQ/African Express/East African/Tamarind (Astral) pilot manning, but I won't post it, as it goes against all these doom and gloom predictions, so it must be wrong.

It's just people questioning your info and your sources and accuracy ATPCliff.

And heard from where, Lome, Togo?

Oh and ATPCliff, you brought up KQ so you should start a new thread.

cliff
LFW
PS-Rumours are Kenya Airways will hire foreign capts sooner rather than later. They are starting to get severe manning issues!

When will they start? No one knows. It is GUARANTEED that they will hire foreigners. Of course not...this is EARTH, and anything can happen. If you are interested in KQ, I would try to find out as much information/get some contacts, as you may have a shot down the road.

This is a very bold statement ATPCLiff!

It's just people questioning your info and your sources and accuracy ATPCliff.

And heard from where, Lome, Togo?

Oh and ATPCliff, you brought up KQ so you should start a new thread.

cliff
LFW
PS-Rumours are Kenya Airways will hire foreign capts sooner rather than later. They are starting to get severe manning issues!

When will they start? No one knows. It is GUARANTEED that they will hire foreigners. Of course not...this is EARTH, and anything can happen. If you are interested in KQ, I would try to find out as much information/get some contacts, as you may have a shot down the road.

This is a very bold statement ATPCLiff!

Dude, why do you like bashing Cliff so much? Can't we all just be friends? Quit being so lame. Back to the original thread about QR...............

Question: which fleets have recent American newhires gone to? Anyone going to the 777 fleet? Which fleets have RJ drivers gone to recently? A320 fleet?

Question: which fleets have recent American newhires gone to? Anyone going to the 777 fleet? Which fleets have RJ drivers gone to recently? A320 fleet?
Recently, previous Boeing experience gets you 777, but regional guys with RJ only time have been getting A320s. Current A320s get A330s. More or less. But as RJ pilots with RJ-only time, don't expect the widebodies.

Two friends of mine are going to the 320, both ex Rj guys (one also flew 737s). Another friend is in training there at the moment, he got direct entry 777 captain, he had been a MD11 and DC10 captain at a previous carrier.

I personally feel there are alot of people in the same boat as ATP cliff than are willing to admit! I too was turned down by several regionals I will ADMIT it !

I personally feel there are alot of people in the same boat as ATP cliff than are willing to admit! I too was turned down by several regionals I will ADMIT it !

ATPCliff was recently hired at Atlas Air, and will be a 744 FO soon. I think he might do more Africa if he wants (Sonair charter from IAH to Luanda), or go anywhere else in the World, and on that 744 he can do just that. Congrats Cliff!

Bye Bye--General Lee

ATPCliff was recently hired at Atlas Air, and will be a 744 FO soon. I think he might do more Africa if he wants (Sonair charter from IAH to Luanda), or go anywhere else in the World, and on that 744 he can do just that. Congrats Cliff!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Really? His posts say that he was turned down by Atlas. Did something change?

maybe Hoek called in a recommendation...

Yes, something did change...strange how this industry works. Contrary to Hoek's miserable attitude towards others and constant desire to throw stones I can't think of a better end to Cliff's quest, he truly deserves it. Way to go Cliff, enjoy your new seat!

Yes, something did change...strange how this industry works. Contrary to Hoek's miserable attitude towards others and constant desire to throw stones I can't think of a better end to Cliff's quest, he truly deserves it. Way to go Cliff, enjoy your new seat!

Do you know or have you met him? I am very happy for him personally, as I know he has a difficult situation with the family and the commute to Africa, however, I have met him and can tell you that if I had to spend 2 hours let alone 10 or 12 hours in a cockpit with him I would have to gouge out my f@&king eyeballs at the end of it. It is funny how we assign personalities to people based on what they post on an internet board. Most of you think General Lee is a big tool and Cliff is the coolest guy on the planet. I dont know the General, but I have met Cliff, and I feel sorry for the pilots at Atlas.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back