• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q400 or CRJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would definitly take the Q400, and in fact, I did. I have a class date on the 29th of Jan. Horizon pays you on what airplane you could hold so you'll get q200 pay either way. Plus, you'll have all the time in the world to fly a jet and the q400 sounds cooler when you start it.:)

Dumb move MAV. The jet is nicer. To each his own I guess.....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Congrats on landing a good job!

Dash or CRJ. Well I've flown both (Dash 8 100/300 & CRJ 200 though) and even though I like zipping along at 330 a lot, there are times that I wish I was back in the ole dash bird, like heavy snow and short runways.

You chose wisely grasshopper, go for the better city. DEN is a big pit compared to PDX.

Again, good job landing a gig with a good airline!

He won't be upgrading for 4-5 years, and he could probably move to PDX from DEN and still stay on the nicer plane in 2-3 years. Whatever....atleast he did get a pretty good job----congrats....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
Can you transition to the CRJ-700 at a later date or are you equipment locked till you upgrade?

I was waiting for that question. He "can" transition but he takes a pay cut if he does.
They pay based on seniority. If you are hired into the jet, you get Q200 pay until your seniority would hold the Q400, then you get Q400 pay until you can hold the CRJ which is when you get CRJ pay.
But what if you are hired into the Q200? Your pay would mirror any other FO in that you are paid not on what you fly, but what your seniority can hold.

Ahhh, Grasshopper, but what if a Q200 FO bids the jet when they could hold the jet? Get this. Now instead of CRJ pay, you get a pay cut to the lowest pay scale for two years as a penalty for making the company train you. How many people do you think would do that? Not a lot.

You can live in WA with no income tax and do all your shoping in OR with no sales tax.

Exactly what I'm doing, and loving it. Telling the tax man in Olympia to kiss my shiny a$$ is a beautiful thing!

Congrats hodges. I've been trying to get on for a year now and just wondering how you you scored the interview.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back