Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OakRBust

Still Lucky as Hell
Hey everybody. .. I just got fingerprinted yesterday. I was wondering why SWA would be taking all the time to fingerprint us and redo our background checks if there wasn't going to be any hiring for the rest of the year??????

I was also wondering how far down the list that the fingerprinting has gone? I am around # 40.

And lastly.... I have seen the 250 pilots for 02 written on this board about a billion times but I can't remember how many have been hired already. I thought it was low 200's but not sure.

Anyways, Just trying to get a little Speculation Going!!

Have fun out there!!!!

OAK:D

Let's look at the past 8 months

I looked at the archives for the past 8 months and I found the following.

Quote from: 70734guy
Latest info from Jennifer McCallion:
Class Dates: Jan 3 & 17, Feb 21, 2 March Classes, 2 April Classes (didn't get the dates for Mar & Apr).

Quote from: IN HOT back in April when asked if he could remember a Thread that had Class dates posted for Jan-Aug:
here ya go: These are the dates that were put out in Jan. Of course that was then, who knows now! 3/27, 4/11, 4/25, 5/9, 5/23, 6/6, 6/20, 7/3, 7/18, 8/1, 8/15, 8/29.

I know it was all rumors and hearsay, but here is my question:
It was guestimated that there would be 16 classes Jan-Aug. Averaging 2 per month. There have been maybe 7 or 8 classes to date. Even at 25 per class that is only 175-200 trained so far. Of which some were interns.
So what happened to the rest of the supposed 16 classes and were they planning to have 16 classes for aircraft buys and retirements. That would be roughly leave 8-9 classes at 20 each for about 160-180 unaccounted for. Add that to the guess of 175-200 and you get around 350. That # comes closer to explain why they put approximately 360 people in the pool as reported by Manyard. Maybe they have been slide back a few months until they can determine what their financial footing will be over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
I got contacted at the beginning of last week. I got bacj from MDY peeps department yesterday. In an out in 15 minutes. No tie required!!! I didn't get a lick of new info though....

I got the fingerprint call as well. I was told I am 2 classes out. Like the rest of you I am hoping its a good sign

I went to Oakland this week to get FP'd and I was called about 2 weeks ago for that.

I will be about #10 on the list when the new one comes out.

Hopefully we will no more after Aug 19th meeting. The rest of the year should come into focus pretty soon after the pilot vote I would think.

Finally some progress

Well this is good news even if it means nothing to those treading water.

I past my one year anniversary of getting hired, and I still think it'll be 2003 before I get to Dallas. (Couldn't get typed cause of Military commitments.)

Anyways thanx for all the info, rumors, and the work on "the list". It gives me something to do.

2003 !!!

Kick Breath Float, Kick Breath Float, Hands and Feet Tied but **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** glad to be wet, I spoke with Ms. Lang two days ago she was not verry optimistic said no class's for Aug, expect to get a call to go finger paint and probably no class date untill 2003 !!! Friends on the line say to hold fast things are expected to be reevaluated after the Vote. I asked about being a ramp rat untill then she said I would loose my slot and have to reaply in a year Oh well will have to be patient. Any one know of some part time flying in the DAL area??

Get your new "Class of 2003" T shirts

Fly Safe

Censored ??

Sorry about that it was only one word that sounds like a large structure used to restrain water. will be more carefull in the future.

Latest resources

Back