Q: For Ex-airline guys at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA Blackberry

Is the Blackberry you get also a cell phone? Can you use the Blackberry for personal email/phone use? Would you still need a separate cell phone? What are it's capabilities?

Thanks..

From my husband....yes it does email and some of the pilots use it for that, but you should be aware that it goes through the company's server--thus is not private. There is phone capability as well, but it wasn't intended for the pilot's personal use. It seems that they allow incidental use, however, and would not frown on a short phone call home once a day. If you plan to chit-chat you'll need your own cell phone. I hope that helped.
NJW

I've got a friend who is testing the system by using his Blackberry for a full time cellphone. So far he hasn't heard anything from the company and it's been 4 or 5 months. He doesn't use a tremendous amount of minutes so maybe that's why.

AirBear

So it would seem. I gathered from my husband that it was abuse of the arrangement that would not be tolerated. It is reasonable for pilots to check with those at home to may sure there are no problems in their absence. As with lots of things in life, the actions of a few can ruin a good deal for the many. Please don't let that be the case. If you talk a lot, carry your own phone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back