• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q: For Ex-airline guys at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HJ, I applaud you for being willing to speak up. Frac families deserve to have as much flexibility as the company can give them. Their new Domicile system is untried and was designed without a trial run to test their hypothesis. No one even knows if it will work as planned. Likewise, we don't know what they're hearing from other applicants. You have nothing to lose. I'll being keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know what you find out so that we can better advise others.
Good Luck!
NJW

miles otoole said:
Mike,
Where do you live? Are you potentially ready to move your family to the Teterboro area?

Does your magical crystal ball show that he is going to have to live in TEB??? And why do you care anyway?

Miles of tool just likes to stir up trouble.

My understanding from a friend that interviewed last week is that there are no plans in the near future to force new hires into a base they don't want - so if you are ready to come on board make the swap now. One thing I did learn from a freind already working there is that along with the new base (ie. Lax) you can be expected to fly from any of the surrounding cities (SNA, LGB, BUR, SMO, VNY, ONT, FUL - etc.) This might be where the compnay was thinking when they chose these cities. LAX is 90 minutes from me, SNA is 60, however VNY or BUR is closer to 110-120. Glad I have friends and family all over the basin.

Baja.

Not quite how it works. For those of us who are based in one of the domicles you have to designate 1 satellite airport to which the company can make you report for a trip - assuming that said satellite airport is not more than 90 miles from your house. The real kicker is that the list of satellite airports for each domicle only had 1 satellite per domicle. I believe that LAX's was VNY. You definitely aren't going to start at a different airport each trip, it will either be your domicle or your satellite.

LMGTS - So a person gets to chose from a list of one which one airport they would report to? Huh.....I guess I'll take the ONE on the list. :) LAX is just over 90 miles from my home but VNY is 110. Too bad SNA isn't on the list...

Here's a questions I haven't seen yet - what have people been doing for parking for the week they are gone? Will FBO's let us park there? Parking at LAX is BANK!

Thanks - Baja.

Company provides parking. A moving target in the current transition period. Any way you end up parking, it should be zero out of pocket.

One question about domiciles; maybe I'm just not deciphering the contract well... :D

If I get hired, I'd like to go to PBI. But I live about 150 miles from TEB right now, and I'm in an apartment lease until September. Could I get TEB off the bat, and get re-based in PBI when my lease runs out? And if I do that, can I wait until then to get my one-shot moving expense?

Thanks to all you guys for the good info; it's really a big help.

yup .

CA1900 said:
One question about domiciles; maybe I'm just not deciphering the contract well... :D

If I get hired, I'd like to go to PBI. But I live about 150 miles from TEB right now, and I'm in an apartment lease until September. Could I get TEB off the bat, and get re-based in PBI when my lease runs out? And if I do that, can I wait until then to get my one-shot moving expense?

Thanks to all you guys for the good info; it's really a big help.
The way I read it, there is no mechanism for new-hires to change Domiciles. New-hires will "report to a Domicile (or satellite airport when applicable) as directed by the Company, until such time as the crewmember is eligible to use a Home Base Airport." However, you will be eligible for moving expenses once during your employment (I guess assuming you are awarded HBA in the future, move, then later elect to move to a Domicile). You might want to clarify that at the interview, and get it in writing if they agree to it.

If you want to see your family you could always use a webcam. Not exactly the same thing but more then a voice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back