• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q: For Ex-airline guys at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question: Is there a way, or does it just natually happen, to make some extra money while on the 7-7 schedule? $39,000 would be almost a $30K paycut for me and I am just trying to see if it will all work out. I thought that I have read that the reserve schedule goes a little senior for the extra money, plus I think I would rather be on the 7-7 schedule.

How much would you think a first year guy would make when it's all said and done.

Thanks again for all the help and info, many of us thinking about making the switch appreciate it.

The answer will depend on the fleet you're in due to OT considerations. If those more senior bid the 7&7 you will have to be on the reserve, so perhaps it's better to plan on that as a new hire. The reserve schedule pays $46, 200 and I've heard that you can expect it to take 6 months to move to the 7&7, if all goes well. It has been improved over the old reserve/flex schedule. The new contract limits extended days ---I think to twice a month. Hopefully, some of the NJ FOs will chime in here :)

JetPilot_Mike said:
Question: Is there a way, or does it just natually happen, to make some extra money while on the 7-7 schedule? $39,000 would be almost a $30K paycut for me and I am just trying to see if it will all work out. I thought that I have read that the reserve schedule goes a little senior for the extra money, plus I think I would rather be on the 7-7 schedule.

How much would you think a first year guy would make when it's all said and done.

Thanks again for all the help and info, many of us thinking about making the switch appreciate it.

Mike,
Where do you live? Are you potentially ready to move your family to the Teterboro area?

We just moved to the Miami area as my wife just landed her dream job and I'm not about to take that away from her. I would love to work for NetJets but can only do so if I get PBI. What are the chaces of getting that as a newhire?

miles otoole said:
Mike,
Where do you live? Are you potentially ready to move your family to the Teterboro area?

Why do you care? Yes.

Homer Jay said:
We just moved to the Miami area as my wife just landed her dream job and I'm not about to take that away from her. I would love to work for NetJets but can only do so if I get PBI. What are the chaces of getting that as a newhire?

According to my husband, fairly good right now. Supposedly, the company is trying to match potential new hires to the domicile nearest them. My philosophy is that it never hurts to try and you don't get what you don't ask for. Give it a try. Good luck to your family. NJW

PS If it doesn't work out, please tell them the problem was the domicile system so things may change for others.

Archie Bunker said:
Miles,

Just curious........who do you fly for now? Still in the military, or did you make the transition to a commercial carrier? Reason being, we share a similar past......we were (are) both Naval Aviators. .
FLEXJETS former tustin CH-53 driver.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back