Q: For Ex-airline guys at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mach92 said:
Not only will they get you home but if its quicker you will fly your jet home asap. 3 years ago my mother was rushed to the ER, sister called. I called the company and within 5 mins they said take the X home. Sent the release and flight plan asap and we were gone. One thing NetJets has always done is get crew-members home in any kind of situation no questions asked. So if you are worried about this here DON'T be. This is one area NetJets does shine in.

Ditto here, wife was very sick, headed to hospital.... We were in JAC, called CP he said fuel the beast, release is on its way. Was airborne in 15mins headed home. Now if I was on the east coast I don't know if they would have done that. But it was only an 1.2 flight....

I've been fortunate in not having any family emergencies, but I did go home early 3 times in 2004 for hurricanes. Fedex kept my next door neighbor on the road. I've only been at NJI for 5 1/2 years, and don't pretend to understand all the issues which caused the discontent at NJA, but I hope this thread sheds some light on why many of us at NJI are waiting patiently for the company to work things out for us.

This really is a great thread which speaks volumes. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to many of the stuff that's typically on these boards.

WillFlyFoCookie said:
This really is a great thread which speaks volumes. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to many of the stuff that's typically on these boards.

I agree. I had only fleetingly considered giving NetJets a shot up until recently, meaning the past few days, but reading this stuff has kind of opened my eyes a bit. And the fact that several NetJets guys have taken the time to PM me about the job speaks well of the kind of people there.

I just got my application in the mail today, and after reading everything in this thread, it reaffirms why I am looking to get out of the airlines and into NetJets. It would be so nice to be treated like a human being again. Thanks to all the NetJets guys that have posted their experiences. You have made my decision even easier...

RedPrairie said:
How junior is LAX? Can a newhire get LAX right out of training? Thanks

Right now they're giving new hires their choice of the 5 domiciles. I doubt LAX will ever get very senior when there's PBI & DAL available (no state income tax in either domicile).

AirBear

Don't forget NJA has been very supportive of guys that were effected by natural disasters. The last couple of years they have sent folks home to shore up any loose ends.

I think the first big one that hit FLA caught them off guard, but in the end they did the right thing.

PS Wolfpack

Sorry to hear about your mom. I've lost two family members to cancer over the last five years and I know how that disease can drag on or unexpectedly take a turn for the worse.

AirBear8 said:
Right now they're giving new hires their choice of the 5 domiciles.

Is there a possibility of ever going back to the "gateway" system?

A friend of mine mentioned something about that but wasn't sure if the gateways are completely out of the question for those hired after the new contract.

Last edited:
It all depends on how the hiring process goes. 1108 is standing by to renegotiate that portion of the contract should the company ask for relief. We have heard the sound of grumbling from pilots who are considering NJA. My husband hasn't heard if the company is experiencing any difficulties yet, but based on their past performance I don't expect them to be too forthcoming on the subject--sorry. NJ pilots no longer give things away for free so we can expect both sides to hold their cards close. For now, my advice is what you see is what you get. Hopefully it will change in the future. I think the policy is wrong.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back