• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q for ASA guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you get assigned the ATR and don't want it, just go to Scott Hall and tell him that you went to ERAU, have a 717 type and are a jet pilot, not a prop pilot

Also, make sure your cell phone is always turned on so it will ring in the sim. On your 12th sim, answer it and tell the IP to SSHHHOOOOSH!

When I left ASA I had more than 4000 hours in the CRJ and about 1000 in the E-120. I had more fun on the E-120 than the CRJ. Trust me the CRJ is not all that great. And believe me chicks don't care if you fly a jet or a turboprop just telling them that you are an airline pilot will melt their panties off :laugh:

Take the ATR, there is something about turboprops that is getting to be nostalgic. You will learn more and from what I remember ATR crews and overnites are legendary at ASA.

Great..... another new hire that is too good to fly the ATR.... Just go somewhere that only flies jets....

I agree. If you don't want to fly a turboprop, then do some research on the company before you put in an application and accept a class date.

Just like I have to tell every other newhire that only wants the mighty CRJ...go fly the damn ATR before all the turbo props are gone. You'll have plenty of time in your career to fly a jet.

Besides, newflash....the CRJ 200 performs about as well as the ATR anyways.

Last edited:
I'm telling you, with your 250 hours, tell them you're over qualified for the ATR. Demand the CRJ, and you'll get it.

Sometimes, it takes arrogance, bad attitude, and a "I'm the sh*t" attitude to get things done!

Oh, and let them know you're God's gift to aviation when you request the CRJ.

Follow the rules above, and you're golden.

I'm telling you, with your 250 hours, tell them you're over qualified for the ATR. Demand the CRJ, and you'll get it.

Sometimes, it takes arrogance, bad attitude, and a "I'm the sh*t" attitude to get things done!

Oh, and let them know you're God's gift to aviation when you request the CRJ.

Follow the rules above, and you're golden.

Better yet, just send them a message on you Blackberry..... Tell them your too good for the ATR....

Or run out of his office crying and saying that you won't sleep with him.......that usually works good.

Also, make sure your cell phone is always turned on so it will ring in the sim. On your 12th sim, answer it and tell the IP to SSHHHOOOOSH!

Yeah. That's good shiznit there.

I think I've figured out his motive. The chicks on craigslist would rather bang an RJ pilot instead of some lowly ATR prop-trash.

Hey man, just keep the ASA logo out of your picture.

I think I've figured out his motive. The chicks on craigslist would rather bang an RJ pilot instead of some lowly ATR prop-trash.

Hey man, just keep the ASA logo out of your picture.

Hey, hey, easy there. It's a well documented fact that ATR pilots get laid more than Barbie Jet pilots...

Latest resources

Back