• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Purdy Neat Things Pilot Stealth Bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best bag I ever owned. The side rails do tend to get bent from rampy's throwing it up on the edge of the baggage compartment. Other than that. Awesome

try the Stop Over Store. they are located in msp and dtw terminals, but if you order online at www.stopoverstore.com, you can get free shipping and pay no tax if you live outside minn. or michigan. plus they say they will fix them for you if they should break and give you a loner while they are fixing it. when i ordered one last week for a christmas gift, it shipped the next day.

michelle

Does the 737 Stealth have a place to slip your laptop computer into? I went to the web site, but it didn't mention it and I couldn't tell from the pictures. Also, is that the best bag for the 737-300/500/700...or will the regular Stealth work too?

Rather than attaching another bag, I'd like to be able to just slide my laptop into a compartment on a single travel bag. I'll be new to the airline industry soon...any tips from you veterans out there about taking your laptop on trips? Pros/Cons?

Thanks,
Speed

Speed,

I decided to get the SIGG bag they have at Sam's Club. Very nice bag, with a built in laptop sleeve. Of course, I might get on line and find that it's a bit too big to fit easily in the 737, but it was only $89.00 and it's a really NICE bag - well built and nice features. It's pretty comperable to the Costco bag, but just a bit more solid. At worst it will become a bag for someone else in the family, but I'm hopeful it will work for me. Not to thrilled about spending close to $300 on a bag. My last rollaboard cost me under $100 and lasted through 6 years in the commuters.

See ya in Dallas!

USNFDX said:
PNS also makes a ABS plastic version of the stealth. It looks the same, just has a plastic frame instead of metal. It is lighter and cheaper. I have had it for 2 yrs with no problems

After my first plain-old-regular roll-aboard gave in to the abuse of everyday airline life I purchased the ABS bag from PNT. Mostly choose it due to its lighter weight. After about four years of being tossed into the back of the saab I had to replace the entire bottom pan (a single piece of ABS). Like others I know my problems started with small cracks around the screws on the front of the pan. Those cracks eventually extended to the bottom of the bag and led to a hole forming on the bottom, where snow or water could possibly get into my bag.

Since my bag was beyond the three year old mark, the stopover store (mentioned above, in MSP and DTW) was going to charge for parts and labor. I opted to do the replacement myself, purchasing the replacement bottom from them (thay had the part in stock-so this is not an uncommon situation). The metal screws that hold the bag together seat into metal nutplate type deals, that are set into the ABS. In taking the bag apart to replace the bottom I actually broke several of the nutplate type things right out of the ABS thanks to some stubborn screws.

When the bag was about six years old I also managed to break both of the interior tubes that the handle retracts into, they are basically just PVC pipe. With those tubes broken the bag became pretty much useless.

My solution? Sucked it up and bought the metal framed bag. Metal bottom, metal interior tubes metal top (did I mention that I had also suffered a crack to the top of my ABS bag?). The obvious drawbacks are the cost and the weight. Then again the bag is designed to be rolled, not lifted or carried, and who among us couldn't benefit from a few extra reps while at work.

I bought the second bag from luggageworksonline.

I have been very happy with both PNT bags, and I highly recommend them, especially the metal bag. It may weigh more, but my experience with the bags has convinced me it is worth dealing with a few extra pounds.

No doubt the PNT bags are nice, but they aren't perfect. Had mine 3 years when I needed to replace the handle and wheels. A couple of the zippers lost their pull tabs, and the sides get worn down sliding into the 737 each trip. I broke down and bought the cheap Costco bag for $89. Works like a champ, rolls smoothly, and I see hundreds of folks with them now. Another bag I looked into was a copy of the stealth (at least it looks that way). Check out www.crewneeds.com and see what they have to offer. Some commuter guy set up his own business, but the price is better than PNT. His bag was designed to fit RJs betters, so I think it would fit the citation better than the PNT.

Got mine at www.outermarker.com
They have free shipping.
With that said the savings on shipping makes outermarker cheaper than luggage works or stop over store.

Best bag ever.

kelbill said:
Check out www.crewneeds.com and see what they have to offer.
ALL OF OUR LINE OF GEAR HAS BEEN EXCLUSIVELY DESIGNED TO FIT IN THE OVERHEAD COMPARTMENT OF ALL "REGIONAL JET" AIRCRAFTS AND CARRIES A LIFETIME WARRANTY.
AIRCRAFTS?

:(

(Not to mention " all ... have ")

The Lifetime Warranty sounds appealing - - IF the company lasts.

kelbill,

Did you send your bag in for repairs? I've heard nothing but good things about the job they do - - it'll be like new again. I've even heard of them adding improvements while it's in the shop.

TonyC,

Yeah, I get ticked when I see typos on professional web pages, but hey, the guy is a pilot, so I would expect that. As for my bag, I did NOT send it in, but did the work myself. I'm no mechanic but I'm no clutz either. You are correct in that I hear most folks rave about the repair work, other than the fact you have to ship it off for a while. Regardless, the bag was very expensive, and the sides were wearing down quite a bit in the 737. Maybe in a different cockpit it would last longer. I'm not bad mouthing the PNT folks, as the product is good, it is just the price that is a little much for what you get. Since I bought mine 4+ years ago, they have improved it with a new handle type and new roller blade wheels.

Hasta.

Latest resources

Back