• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Purdy Neat, or Purdy Cheap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get the LW bag, I have had mine for 10 years and have only sent it in once to be upgraded with a stainless steal handle, and a new zipper, otherwise, it is the best, I have the metal frame, that was all they made back then, would not trade it in for a plastic one, I have the Stealth Bag, but my upgrades make it the new NG bag, I never check it as checked luggage, I have always been able to carry it on board

It is a bit heavier than other bags, but it is well worth the money, I hope my bags lasts another 10, and it is still in excellent condition, the trick to keeping it that way is to load the bag yourself, and load it into and out of hotel vans yourself as well, I have watched too many times the mis-treatment of luggage and just assume to handle my own.

widespreadpanic said:
If you get a PNT from the outermarker there is no charge for shipping.
It is the same price as LW.

WP

I just ordered the 26" from www.outermarker.com last night. $319.95 with free shipping. The LW website charges 380 something for the same bag.

AirBear

Was Sampsonite in the early 90's. Then went PNS hard frame (zippers junk.) Will now go Costco for the return policy. $300 for a bag is a joke when it breaks in 6mos. Good Old Costco treats a brother well.....return and buy a new one!!!

Baja

ps. On baja trips I use a back pack - 10 lbs for 6 days - do ALOT of shopping at REI and A16!

Bear,
You might have been looking at the non airline prices. The Airline prices that you have to sign in for are the same as what you were quoted.

PowerCurve said:
I've owned my Purdy Neat International size (26") for 6 years. It has the plastic frame. I had the recent unfortunate event of having a fairly large f/a sit on the top and break it. It snapped. She acted like she didn't hear the large "SNAP" ... I was peeved. In the flight deck, they're stored upright right inside the door so a perfect perch for the f/a's.
Since I have been known to use my bag as a perch from time to time I am wondering just how BIG was the FA of size?

I've had the 22" metal frame LW for 2 years and love it. Fits everything I need and fits length wise in the Airbus overhead (handle facing out).

Last edited:
Bags

I purchased a Samsonite 26" about 6 months ago and am in love with it. It's tough as nails, has all the features ... including the expanding front for when the trip goes from 4/5 days to 10/11 days. The trolly handle is solid as a rock and we regularly use it to lift/descend the bag from the Gulfstream's baggage door. I've got a leather satchel that rides on top and I'm all set for the duration!

Hey, Going2Baja, is that my house at Cabo Pulmo in the background?

TransMach

Just got myself a PNT 22 metal frame and I like it alot. Can fit enough clothes for 6 days plus if your smart and you dont try to bring everything. A tad on the heavy side but id rather have it be heavy than a POS like my last bag. Thing could prolly take a bullet and be fine

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back