Purchase New Luggage...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er23

I am about to buy a new piece of luggage. I am going to school on the CRJ-200 in Jan. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as size and brand?

I knew there would be a quick reply recommending purdy neat. Is is really worth the price. Sure I want a durable bag but dang thats a lot of money.

Yes, it is worth the money. Nothing sucks worse than to have your bag fall apart on the first day of a 5 day trip

If you can find the old samsonite hardside rollerbag. The one like Delta used to use back in the early 90's, is great for 3 day trips but its hard to find nowadays.

av8er23 said:
I knew there would be a quick reply recommending purdy neat. Is is really worth the price. Sure I want a durable bag but dang thats a lot of money.

Go to TJ max and buy a 22"-23", 14" width, 8" height samsonite for $80 or so. Make sure you get one with a hefty strap like I did, it makes lugging your flight case 10x easier. Works good, lasts long time.

You can drop the $300 on a 'real' carry-on but what will you buy your groceries with?

~wheelsup

I'm pretty much sold on the Purdy Neat 22" bag, but has anybody used PNT Tote Bags? I'm considering the Executive Tote. I'm looking for something just large enough to put a change or two of clothes in, along with a book or two, iPod, and other assorted stuff. I could get a cheap bag from Wally World, but I'd rather like my investment to last a while. Comments and/or suggestions?

Costco has a line of stuff fairly cheap, lifetime warranty. Take it back if it breaks and they give you a new one.

Can't really help ya with the tote, but I like to minimize the amount of crap I'm dragging. Their clip-on duffel is quite handy, mostly because in my inestimable aircraft the crew is completely separated from our bags in flight and on the ground, to a degree. All of the days projects (book, bid packet, mp3 player, water, camera, sunglasses) go in the duffel and stays with me.

Is that the "large" PNT duffel for 39.99, Cardinal? I just found that, and it looks cheaper and probably easy to use. I don't want to carry a ton of bags on the road, but rather a quality alternative to a rollaboard if I know I'm only going to be gone for one night.

Latest resources

Back