• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA to furlough 49 more FOs / downgrade 33

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not flaming, just curious what would motivate someone to give up good seniority to go to a company that's in that kind of shape.

The same reason people went to United, NWA, Eos, etc, the last 6-12 months. The grass is always greener on the other side...

I can tell you why I went.

To stay at my previous job does nothing to further my career. Many who have stayed have stayed far too long by their own admission. "If I had only left for UPS/FDX/SWA." I feel bad for them.

I rolled the dice. To advance and get a fresh start was a good move for me. I got a 737 type and time in the A/C, as well as glowing recommendations from my instructors. To stay would for me personally have been like settling for a fat/ugly chick at the bar, rather than "swing for the fence" like someone else said, and risk getting shot down by someone more desireable.

I also went to US Airways BECAUSE of the contractual provision that requires the company to let me flow down to MY old job at my old seniority. If I went anywhere else, I would be on my own. I knew that furloughs were very likely. I told everyone it was a 75% likelyhood. I still don't regret it. I am treated very well by EVERYONE I meet here. It is a tremendous change for the better.

WScum, you are feeling like a femine hygene bag and I know it, but you are too small to show contrition. You try tell us not to post on this thread because we have nothing to do with PSA furloughs. An attempt to redirect, nothing more.

Again, you try to tell us you want us back, you just want a bi-directional flow to make it OK with you. Asked and answered counsellor. I have stated time and again that we agree on this. You try to say it to justify your self-centered bleatings.

Give it a rest, and stop showing your arse! NO ONE WILL FLOW DOWN WITHOUT SUCH AN AGREEMENT. If it never happens, we never come back to "steal":laugh: our previous positions within our current corporation. If it does, then you too will reap the benefits of the contract we work under, and go to mainline if that is best for you and your spawn.

As far as your request for me to not "preach to you about union bruthahood." REQUEST DENIED. You have a damn big mouth (perhaps one wang to many, one too many times?). You can't reasonably expect to earn anything less than replies in kind. I'm not argueing with you, I know you are not man enough to even meet someone halfway. You are a sad little manchild

Tweaker,

I cant blame you for going for a mainline job. Your rationale is well respected.

On the other side, was it worth the risk? First of all, are you getting furloughed?

There are plenty of guys who you say are "stuck" at the regionals. Many of them are 15+ yr guys and are making over 100k. They may be "stuck", but unless the company goes under, they 1. wont be furloughed. 2. maintain their good schedule. 3. Continue to make excellent money.

I would rather be flying across the country in a 737, but for the job I have now doing the North Carolina express... its all the same, and pays the bills.

The one thing everyone can do is to make that back up plan. To be on the bottom 35% of a seniority list right now is not a good thought to have..

The one thing everyone can do is to make that back up plan. To be on the bottom 35% of a seniority list right now is not a good thought to have..

1. Sell your ipod on ebay and trade down to a smaller model.

2. Buy supermarket brand hair gel.

3. Color your own hair.

4. Shag your flight attendants in the woods, instead of paying for a motel room.

5. Wash RJs for extra money, on your days off.

1. Sell your ipod on ebay and trade down to a smaller model.

2. Buy supermarket brand hair gel.

3. Color your own hair.

4. Shag your flight attendants in the woods, instead of paying for a motel room.

5. Wash RJs for extra money, on your days off.

Or 5 backup plans. Look at the ingenuity!

Ooh!

6. Pick up all the open-time you can, then sell the trips to other pilots at a profit.

7. Become a pimp for flight attendants on layovers.

I also went to US Airways BECAUSE of the contractual provision that requires the company to let me flow down to MY old job at my old seniority. If I went anywhere else, I would be on my own. I knew that furloughs were very likely. I told everyone it was a 75% likelihood. I still don't regret it. I am treated very well by EVERYONE I meet here. It is a tremendous change for the better.

Tweaker,

It is my understanding that the "Preferential Hiring" program that you and the others went to US Airways was totally unrelated to the "flow through" that is in our current CBA.

The "Preferential Hiring" is a totally different monster. The "Preferential Hiring" has no basis in our contract. It has no provision for flow-down. My own opinion is that it is/was a program put in place by US Airways management to head off a potential injunction to stop any/all hiring off the street until the current battle over "flow through" was settled.

As 1 who argued and fought (unsuccessfully) to get the ALG/PDT pilots who went to MDA the opportunity to return to PDT I don't know that I think the current pilots have any right to expect to return. Can something be worked out? I don't know, but I am willing to work towards a mutually acceptable solution. However it seems that any solution will hurt someone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back