• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA The TRUTH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If mainline were allowed to operate PSA from Charlotte with their own scheduling, dispatchers, and benefits people, we would be having none of these problems.

Last edited:
I wasn't knocking any person at our Union. Now as for the previous guys...
The lack of integrity is disgusting. I can't believe someone with any common sense would sign that contract. And to top it off they are all so proud of it. Selling out your F/O's shouldn't be something to be proud of. I wish all J4J were slotted so more of the people that wrote the last contract would be affected.

All of the prior MEC guys that voted yes have slotted guys both above and BELOW them. So more slotting wouldn't solve anything.

I am sure the 60+ sick calls per day over the holidays got Tempe's attention. There were many cancellations due to lack of FAs and FOs. I worked and it was miserable. This is what happens when employees are on the wrong side of the balance sheet and treated as liabilities rather than assets.[/quote

I wish that was the case, but it probably went on the record as more negative action from this pilot group.

Mr. Cowbell up there is right, this pilot group needs to take its head out of its ass and start being proactive about having our leaders and MEC make some changes NOW.

What changes would you suggest? Have you ever been to an MEC or LEC meeting to express your views?

If mainline were allowed to operate PSA from Charlotte with their own scheduling, dispatchers, and benefits people, we would be having none of these problems.

WRONG! Ask the mainline guys how their QOL is. They are just as pissed about life as we are, if not more so. Ask them about how they like working for less money than their counter parts out West. According to Parker, "you get what you negotiate"!

Don't read this the wrong way, I'm not happy with PSAs treatment of our pilot group in the least. Its how KH and TK do business: Push the pilots until they push back. The problem is that the same senior guys at PSA that voted in the last contract out of FEAR, won't stand up for themselves out of FEAR! Glad they are out of office!

WEEKLY. When you refuse an assignment because of a contractual violation there are schedulers who will get very nasty and ask if you're refusing to fly.

My last day at PSA they called me with a junior man assignment extending my trip into the next day... I tried explaining to the idiot scheduler that as of one more flight I was no longer employed by PSA... all she could say was "Are you refusing to fly!" Hahaha.. I just laughed at the stupid bitch and said sure... put it down however you want. I quit! And hung up. To this day she probably still thinks I quit because of her.

PSA is a bottom feeding company.

Yo EDUC whats Hot Reserve?

that's PSA's version of airport ready reserve. They give it to people for 10hrs a day. At least they did when I was there.

Ask mainline about how their schedulers operate...night and day difference from PSA is what I am told.

I have tried to attend MEC meetings but usually my schedule conflicts with this. When you have only 10 days off a month and are forced to pick up to pay your bills it becomes rather difficult. I will try to attend the Prater rally on the 24th and get to the meetings more. I believe our collective will and an open dialogue with Tempe and US East can force change around here.

Weasil,

Had a similar experience, except that they did that to me as I was coming in from last flight prior to furlough. they tried to contact the chief pilot to change my furlough date b/c they were "short" and my cp, gone now, laughed at them.

good riddance...but I do miss the Dornier...

Mookie

Weasil,

Had a similar experience, except that they did that to me as I was coming in from last flight prior to furlough. they tried to contact the chief pilot to change my furlough date b/c they were "short" and my cp, gone now, laughed at them.

good riddance...but I do miss the Dornier...

Mookie

Haha.. that's hilarious (not the part about being furloughed.) What a friggin operation.

Latest resources

Back