PSA The TRUTH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stop Salivating over these 900's

First of all, I am a PSA F/O on reserve. I would like to say that JR and TK have repeatedly told us no growth in the forseable future at PSA. NO GROWTH. That is a big clue to us that these 900's would not be growth aircraft, but REPLACEMENTS. Why should we fly the extra seats for free? If operating costs are negligible, that tells me that the extra 33 seats would be pure profit. Why not give us a little? Very little. Some pay... some QOL... something. I guarantee management will even be getting a little extra $$ for managing more seats;)

Based on 35 CRJ-200s (50 seaters) and 14 CRJ-701s (70 seaters), PSA airplanes average 55 seats. A CRJ-900 at 88 seats adds 33 seats or 60% more.

If they increased our pay 60%... + $17/hr for an FO (based on $28) and + $39/hr for a Capt (based on $65) that would increase the cost of a 1 hour flight by $56.

That is only $1.70 from each of the extra 33 seats.
That is only $0.64 from each of the total 88 seats.
That is less than the cost of ONE buddy pass.

The CRJ-900 is a deal. Just not for us pilots. Certainly not at a 0% pay increase!

60% more seats, 60% more revenue potential, 0% more pay = no deal.

Jimbodawg

Does this mean you've been there for like 2 years? That is how long it takes to get off reserve, right?

We will have to see what Feb schedule looks like to see how far back the reserve goes. My guess is 1 year 8 months. If you were here before Feb 2005 then you would most likely have a line in CLT. After that you will be on the fence. Buildup/reserve or full reserve. I saw in January's newsletter that Air Wiskey is taking some flying for one of our 200 because of maint.

Stop Salivating over these 900's
First of all, I am a PSA F/O on reserve. I would like to say that JR and TK have repeatedly told us no growth in the forseable future at PSA. NO GROWTH. That is a big clue to us that these 900's would not be growth aircraft, but REPLACEMENTS. Why should we fly the extra seats for free? If operating costs are negligible, that tells me that the extra 33 seats would be pure profit. Why not give us a little? Very little. Some pay... some QOL... something. I guarantee management will even be getting a little extra $$ for managing more seats;)

Based on 35 CRJ-200s (50 seaters) and 14 CRJ-701s (70 seaters), PSA airplanes average 55 seats. A CRJ-900 at 88 seats adds 33 seats or 60% more.

If they increased our pay 60%... + $17/hr for an FO (based on $28) and + $39/hr for a Capt (based on $65) that would increase the cost of a 1 hour flight by $56.

That is only $1.70 from each of the extra 33 seats.
That is only $0.64 from each of the total 88 seats.
That is less than the cost of ONE buddy pass.

The CRJ-900 is a deal. Just not for us pilots. Certainly not at a 0% pay increase!

60% more seats, 60% more revenue potential, 0% more pay = no deal.

Jimbodawg

You are 100% correct. It boils down to corporate greed. Nothing more.

I was just in ground school and tk advised us that they grew to fast to handle daily operations, so now was the time to fine tune the company and fix what they couldn't handle, sounds like mgm't can't handle the task. "hey guys why don't you fix the f#ck up you created before we give you more growth" sincerely DP

I was just in ground school and tk advised us that they grew to fast to handle daily operations, so now was the time to fine tune the company and fix what they couldn't handle, sounds like mgm't can't handle the task. "hey guys why don't you fix the f#ck up you created before we give you more growth" sincerely DP

Thats got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. The last 700 got here what, two years ago? If he can't catch up in two years, he is worse than I thought. And he just admitted it! I can't wait to take a bathroom break next month in recurrent when he starts to talk. His words will surely have the ex-lax effect.

This is more of that B.S. that tehy keep telling people and that people keep believing. Another excuse for mistreating their employees.

We just watched another one get thrown on the pile. Fool me once...shame on you. Fool me twice.......

I guess there are some things that never change.

PSA treating there employees like garbage, and at the same time having a story about why schedules and reserve is horrible.

The reason = Control.

:uzi:

IMHO.

Fool me once...shame on you. Fool me twice.......uh, uh, w.w..we won't be fooled again.

It's a saying they have in Texas, and Mr. Bush thinks they have it in Tennessee too.

Been on reserve in CLT for a year and a half. It was REAL rough last month and not much better this month. I asked one of the scheduling supervisors why management doesn't just hire more pilots and they said something about a whole bunch of sick calls. I told them if they ran this place like a real airline and used their reserves for sick calls and REAL emergencies only instead of covering open time and actual flying they wouldn't be running around like chickens with their heads cut off. That didn't go over too well. I also believe there is "Phantom Open Time" that isn't actually put out into open time, but they'll put it on a reserve so no one can pick it up at the increased pay rates. Oh yeah, guess where lots of those IOE lines are going to end up? I'm pretty sure our reserves will end up flying it if there are only 7 guys going through IOE next month.

Also, our scheduling department WILL try and violate your contract. If you don't know the contract they won't say a word. I live in base and they constantly try to put a 4th or even 5th overnight on me, and I always refuse. As soon as I refuse to have my contract violated I am rewarded with 5am hot reserve the next day. This happens on a weekly basis. WEEKLY. When you refuse an assignment because of a contractual violation there are schedulers who will get very nasty and ask if you're refusing to fly.

If you're thinking of coming to PSA I would look elsewhere. Look at SKY, CHQ, or even ASA. Shoot, I would even say Mesa. They treat their employees just as bad, but there's the option for upgrade and some turbine PIC.

Latest resources

Back