• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
for all you guys that work at Pimp Suit Airlines. make sure you are not going to not say yes to vote no only to maybe not agree to say yes to vote no later on. as long as you follow that logic you should be alright in the long run

According to APC, Mesa's 900 hourly rates are higher than PSA's current 700 rates...for both captains and FOs. Now granted PSA has slightly better workrules (meaning higher W2s), but hourly rates lower than Mesa are lower hourly rates all the same.

The CA wage is bad enough, but the current FO rates at PSA is vastly inadequate IMO for a 90 seat aircraft. The decision is your pilot group's alone, but it can and will have ramifications for the rest of the industry.

Good luck!

Crzipilot said:
Wsurf...sorry but your wrong......we won't be a click behind mesa.... If you'd post factual information, you wouldn't hear from me/us/whomever...get it straight...

If anything what I see is your hoping PSA passes it up.. So PDT can have jets. Say all you want, regarding how "PDT" will vote , how you'll do this, that etc........It all changes when it's in your lap....

Here lies the true issue. No faith in the rest of the industry. So, Lets take it up the rear, before anyone else gets the bigger shiny jets. So when you guys vote this in and take this contract, you continue the bad faith and the spiral downwards. This doesnt change if it were to fall in my lap. I will always vote for a reasonable payrate and QOL, over a bigger shiny aeroplane. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kind of thing goes all the way up the latter to the MAJOR airlines. Upgrade as fast as you can, so you can work for substandard wages in your final job with United, Us Airways, America West or whoever. Its not going to stop until we take a stand together. I can Brag how AWAC will turn down everything they throw at us, but thats only going to get me pride and self respect. Unfortunately, Its not going to help this profession until we can all make a good choice together. I know this is going to fall on deaf ears so... Rant over.

thanks you WO fags, once again your did us in the a$$. REMEMBER we got you the god damn 200s in the first place. JESUS MESA RETARDS you guys SUCK!!!!!!

Crzipilot said:
If anything what I see is your hoping PSA passes it up.. So PDT can have jets.

You are crazy, mang. When it comes to spending large chunks of change Doug is cheaper than half priced Ripple, and he won't do something that stupid. The acquistion and operating costs of expanding his regional fleet on his dime prohibits something as loopy as training all of us. Besides... lemme check... my 50 seat jet rate at my longevity alone is 2.25 more an hour than yours. The jet payrate in my contract. The one signed in 2002, when we had Dash 8s and you had Dorniers- remember? You're actually the cheaper labor! Whooooops!

Don't play into a crackhead whipsaw. YOU are getting the planes- get that into your increasingly paranoid head - for a reason. They can control the product! Now can they control the pilot group at will? Only if you let them.

When it comes to how this will play out, you are your own worst enemy, not me.

It will be a dark day when a Shuttlecraft gets to make fun of somebody for getting paid too little. I really hope that when Mesa enters negotiations again that they are still the bottom of the payscale, otherwise the whipsaw will continue even further.

ps I say that with the best intentions towards Mesa and their upcoming challenges, I know they want to get it right this time

Terrain Terrain said:
thanks you WO fags, once again your did us in the a$$. REMEMBER we got you the god dang 200s in the first place. JESUS MESA RETARDS you guys SUCK!!!!!!

Terrain seriously dude...that's not very nice. We are men and women just like you trying to make a living and hopefully someday retire.

Do you have any assurances in life period? NO...I'm not pitching this like I'm for it or not and I'm not going to post my opinions about it on an open Forum. You can call me and discuss anything you want about the proposal

Do you have a vote? (are you off probabtion?) Because I find it interesting that you are so vocal here on FI yet I recall not long ago you PM'ing me wanting a job.

It's interesting that you quoted me but maybe you should read my post about 5 times to emphasize the IF! And if you still don't get it, call me!

PSACPSP

Look back i also emphasized IF.

From what i know there are two assurances in life....sh....it...and die. But i am a little dissapointed with how we are being treated. PSA has been told we are number 1 for the past 5 months for all east coast carriers and that our Flight Crew delays are less than half for this time last year, but for whatever reason we are not worth a pay raise for flying larger airplanes. It is kinda sad that we can get all this praise for working hard, doing 7 leg days, on time performance etc and then not offer a dime more for the 900's.

I have been on reserve for the whole time that i have been here. When i first interviewed they were talking about 8 month upgrades, more airplanes etc... I took all that with a grain of salt but really we can take only so much. When was the last time you made $360/week? All i ask is that you have some empathy for the F/O's. It is very difficult to make ends meet with the pay we make. I understand that we knew the pay before we got into this but never did any of us expect to be on reserve for a year or longer. If we had a line maybe we could make enough to eat. Unless you have sat reserve for over a year i don't think you could understand what it is like. I doubt the 900's have more to offer other than a larger airplane. I like working for PSA, I like the people i work with and the airplanes and maint is first class. But for me, i have reached my threshold. $360/week to fly a 900 in my mind is just insulting. If the company is wondering why moral is so low just look at what you are doing to us. Fly a 4 day worth 15hrs, spend 18hrs in an industrial park in Columbia, SC. Then walk 15 miles to a restaurant in XNA, and try feed your family on reserve salary. You are asking too much.

ex j-41 said:
You are asking too much.

If that's the sentiment of the pilot group at large (which it seems to be) then ALL of us win, and you win big.

Gofish: Terrain can be harsh, so can I. He'll probably regret it tomorrow, as would I. I can't speak for his physical state when he wrote that, but when I gets "lickered up" and read some of the tripe on here and elsewhere I get furious and the posts get mean.

Another thing, too- we (PDT) have a tiny cadre of cheap shot artists that carry grudges over things that have long turned to dust, and some of the things they say TO EACH OTHER (anonymously, of course) are downright evil. Could be a bit of enculturation- who knows?

Fact is we can all let our imaginations run amok when times are tense and life is crap now and the outlook is mostly bleak with a slight chance of demise. That's about as perfect a scenario as the bean counters could hope for- erosion from within.

Just don't play into it.

Slight chance of demise? An optimist are we?;)

Seriously though. With the Dashes wearing out, new props are needed. WHEN they come, if they go to an airline other than us, we all might as well set the brake, go home, and drink our last paycheck.

Latest resources

Back