PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ex j-41 said:
On another note: 900's are bad for pilot job security. You can haul more people less frequently. Meaning less pilot jobs and reduced hours for those flying. For every 2 900's on property, we could lose 3 200's, and still carry the same amount of people. 33% of pilots could lose their jobs if we vote yes. All the more reason to just say NO!

But if that was true we'd just dump all the 50 seaters now and fly 737s, in fact if it was really true we'd just fly 747s everywhere. True, Albany, NY might get a 747 every 6 months of so but heck we'd be carrying the same number of people, what are people bitching about?

*I* can't imagine why US Air would give PSA 900s and then take away 200s - although maybe that makes sense for some obscure reason. Isn't the PSA rate blended, so if they reduce the 200 flying the overall rate goes up and US Air ends up spending more to get the 900s flown. If anything you'd think they were motivated to give PSA MORE 200 flying to get the 900 rate down.

Formatting didn't work...so deleted....

If anyone knows how to take a XLS spreadsheet and post it on here, I've got the payscales worked out and a comparison of other carriers...

PCL_128 said:
Congrats? Why would you congratulate someone for losing all self-respect and whoring themself out for pennies on the dollar?

Vote NO!!! Don't sink the industry another inch towards rock-bottom.

PCL-
Please remind us again, how much that check was you sent Gulfstream?

Crzipilot said:
Formatting didn't work...so deleted....

If anyone knows how to take a XLS spreadsheet and post it on here, I've got the payscales worked out and a comparison of other carriers...

Have you figured into the pay averaging an additional 10 to 15 70 seaters. Because if you guys pass this TA, then you will most likely be receiving 10 to 15 Q400s along with the deal. That will bring your estimated pay on the 900s down.

What I did was....work out the payscales as if the ratio is frozen today. Mind you we still get type increases, and longevity increases and a COLA increase, so it's basically 3 pay raises a year...not much but something.

And uhmm...I seriously doubt q400's would come this way.

man I can't wait to bid that Q400!!!!!!

Seriously!

Now, PropPiedmont, where does this "information" come from?????

Crzipilot said:
What I did was....work out the payscales as if the ratio is frozen today. Mind you we still get type increases, and longevity increases and a COLA increase, so it's basically 3 pay raises a year...not much but something.

And uhmm...I seriously doubt q400's would come this way.

You will still be a click below Mesa if this TA passes!!! How you like them apples? You can sugar coat it all you want..... If this passes you will now take the place of Mesa as the bottom feeders!!!! And you have basically screwed everyone in the industry.... Funny Management is offering you folks nothing... And you are jumping around happy like a bunch of idiots...
Has anyone read "Flying the Line".... Wake up!!!! Hello!!!!!!

Good Luck in your choice!!!

WSurf said:
You will still be a click below Mesa if this TA passes!!! How you like them apples? You can sugar coat it all you want..... If this passes you will now take the place of Mesa as the bottom feeders!!!! And you have basically screwed everyone in the industry.... Funny Management is offering you folks nothing... And you are jumping around happy like a bunch of idiots...
Has anyone read "Flying the Line".... Wake up!!!! Hello!!!!!!

Good Luck in your choice!!!

...And compare what you will be making on this airplane to what mainline makes on the 90 seaters. PSA would be WAY behind. I said it before I will say it agian: 90 seats is 90 seats regardless of whether the side of the fuse says "express" or not. Don't be F'ing stupid.

Again: If management wants you to have the airplanes you will. Don't think the rate of pay means a thing, because it doesn't.

Wsurf...sorry but your wrong......we won't be a click behind mesa.... If you'd post factual information, you wouldn't hear from me/us/whomever...get it straight...

If anything what I see is your hoping PSA passes it up.. So PDT can have jets. Say all you want, regarding how "PDT" will vote , how you'll do this, that etc........It all changes when it's in your lap....

Latest resources

Back