• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always find it interesting that ALL pilots, every one, that get a job at a regional with <1000 hours think that they are competant and belong there. All pilots, every one, that came in with 2500-3000 after flying freight and/or instructing think 1000 is too little. Why is that? Do they POSSIBLY know something you don't?

Nah, they are just jealous of your superb flying skills. After all "hate the game not the playa" right?

PCL_128 said:
Pay no attention. Newman55 is just Duh'Angeho's backup screen name. Just one more name to add to the ignore list.

Im not this DuhAngelo fellow you speak of but I am definately an R&B fan. I think I found myself a new avatar Thanks for the idea.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. Could you speak up?

This message is hidden because Newman55 is on your ignore list.</SPAN>

jetfo said:
SUPERKOOTER,
You suck monkey Di%k all day long, you f$$$%%% Di$kwad!!!
You're so used to bending over with your pants around your ankles, you have lost touch of what it means to be a man!!!!

While superkooter may say outrageous things he does have a point. Sometimes being a man means not giving into peer pressure, holding your ground and doing what you truly think is best for you and your pilot group. Those who give into peer pressure are the ones bending over for everyone else.

SuperKooter said:
Good for PSA, growth and job security is most important then pay.

PSA will get the 90 seaters with or without your help. Its a matter of survival.

Also Growth is important true but at what level? This industry is like a water balloon, lets say one side of the balloon is the regionals and the other side is mainline. If the regional side grows bigger then the mainline side will shrink. If bigger airplanes are coming to this level we will all be here at the regionals a bit longer. You are gonna want that pay.

Crew costs are only 3%-6% of the airlines total cost. If they need the planes they will get them.

IdRtherBsailing said:
PSA will get the 90 seaters with or without your help. Its a matter of survival.

Also Growth is important true but at what level? This industry is like a water balloon, lets say one side of the balloon is the regionals and the other side is mainline. If the regional side grows bigger then the mainline side will shrink. If bigger airplanes are coming to this level we will all be here at the regionals a bit longer. You are gonna want that pay.

Crew costs are only 3%-6% of the airlines total cost. If they need the planes they will get them.

If mainline shrinks then so be it. You yourself say the planes are going to go where they need to go. Scope is an artifical restriction that ultimately hinders the ability to do buisness. The time has come to stop focusing on mainline. Mainline in 2006 is worlds apart from Mainline in 1999. The focus should be if the mainline sized planes come to the regionals then its time to stop resisting and start working on making the regionals more like mainline.

[The focus should be if the mainline sized planes come to the regionals then its time to stop resisting and start working on making the regionals more like mainline.[/quote]

We have a winner!!!!!! That's what this whole argument is about. $59 an hour 3rd yr Capt/$25 an hour 3rd yr FO is not "more like mainline"...it is replacing mainline, not to mention the QOL aspects. In an earlier post someone mentioned getting more 90 seaters at mainline. Why? They are going to get us to fly them for less, why bother getting any 90 seaters? Does it make financial sense?

Latest resources

Back