PSA Takes the 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jpilot23 said:
Fbo with 3 planes, glass cockpits, seneca, instructing for a WHOLE 2 years.....whewwwww buddy, that sure is some hardcore digging in them there trenches.

but on serious note thank you for the words of encouragement.

I say good for anyone that finds a way to get to the airlines ASAP. Senority is everything. That is the one thing everyone on here preaches senority is everything. Anyone who takes a shortcut should be commended for their cleverness. The quicker the better. 2 years instructing is 2 years of senority down the toilet.

No, no, no. The first place I worked at had 3 crappy 172's. I moved on to a place where I taught in glass 172's and a seneca. The point of the whole story is that I moved my butt and pretty much started over at another instructing job only to move into an FO position shortly there after.

So, have some initiative and quit wallowing in your own pain. This seems to be the theme of this thread. Grow some balls.

On another note, I resent all those who are telling the PDTers to stop encouraging PSA to not take the jets so WE can get the offer. The PDT/ALG pilot group is not one to be messed with(Remember the first time around).

Yes we do want new equipment, but that's because we fly a bunch of really tired old planes with Mx problems up the ying yang, not because we want to look cool.

check6 said:
No, no, no. The first place I worked at had 3 crappy 172's. I moved on to a place where I taught in glass 172's and a seneca. The point of the whole story is that I moved my butt and pretty much started over at another instructing job only to move into an FO position shortly there after.

So, have some initiative and quit wallowing in your own pain. This seems to be the theme of this thread. Grow some balls.

hear hear! Instructing is basically just a waste of senority. On a side note whatever the PSA pilots do there should be no whining no matter how they vote. If they get the planes I say good for them. If they don't then good for whoever gets them.

ReverseSensing said:
Anyone? So scabs are clever? Are you for real?

Pay no attention. Newman55 is just Duh'Angeho's backup screen name. Just one more name to add to the ignore list.

Jpilot 23,

And how many years have you instructed?

You seem to have NO idea about how this industry works.

"some how i thought i'd have less impact on the airline industry than that. Hey "victor" i'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut"

This is the problem. You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this job. It is not you as an individual, it is all the shortcutting, immediate gratification types JUST LIKE YOU that we are angry at.

Go fly cargo. It will make you a better pilot. Unless you don't care about that. Judging from your attitude, You don't

ReverseSensing said:
Anyone? So scabs are clever? Are you for real?

That depends on the situation. If the strike is resolved they are not clever cause they they hit the street anyway. If it is not resolved then they are on top of the senority list. The problem with that is the consequences. If that is your final destination it is clever. If it is not then it is career suicide. I myself don't intend on being one. They make their decisions and have to live with them. It is a clever way to get to the top of the list. Its the wrong decision but speaking technically they are clever. For the most part they are not clever though because they are only patches to the problem and rarely last. NOTE: In no way am I saying scabs are good. They are still ahorrable people in my book

Last edited:
This whole thing is silly.

I think mainline is being stupid for not opening there own eyes and realizing that they too are going to be flying 90 seaters. Why not just order more embraers? Growth at the mainline level would be better than growth at the WO level.

Did the Mechanics in SBY really walk out today?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back