PSA or ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EDUC8-or said:
My wife would make much more in Atlanta. We have close family in Atlanta.

Based on those two things I would choose ASA. With the way the industry is, it couldn't hurt to have your wife making as much money as possible. Plus the fact that you'll have family near by to help out if you find yourself out of a job someday.

RUhiring? said:
PSA is a wholly owned airline. AWA does not have to have PSA put together a bid. They own PSA!, they know what it would cost to operate and that there are plusses and minuses to the deal. You are simply reading into this that they aren't considering PSA.

The fact is, this is the airline business. No one knows what is going to happen. To say otherwise is pure fantasy.

That's true...they are a wholly owned, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't (or wouldn't) participate in an RFP. Just the fact that they are "owned" doesn't mean that the parent company knows how much it will cost for the wholly owned to operate the new aircraft. In order for the parent company to make an informed decision about who to chose as the winner of the RFP, they need to know who would be the most economically poised; and without a wholly owned submitting their operating bid, the parent company wouldn't be able to make that determination.

Another interesting thing about PSA - or I guess its a question I have...why did the DOT merger application for economic authority list a merger of three certificates into one? The application is not to merge AWA and USAirways; its an application to merge AWA, USAirways, AND PSA. That doesn't make sense, even for a wholly owned. Example....Comair and ASA each have their own DOT economic authority certificates and they are wholly owned by Delta. Like I say...doesn't make sense.

Either way...decisions on which airline to go to are indeed private decisions. The best advice I can give you is to educate yourself on the choices the best you can, then choose the one that makes sense for you, your family, and your situation.

ifly4food said:
Don't come to ASA. We have no contract, and management treats us like dirt. Everyone but Mesa makes more than us, and we're about to strike this company out of business.

Every month, half of our new hire class quits. They're going to CoEx and even Eagle. Avoid this dump.

Ifly4food,
I hate to bring some facts to your bitter little tirades, but the current ASA contract is better than the current PSA contract and we don't have jets4jobs. The current ASA contract is also better than the Eagle contract without 400+ mainline flowbacks to contend with.

EDUC8-or,
Listen to both opinions, but throw out the ones from people who have an ax to grind such as our friend ifly4food. As a long time ASA pilot, I think ASA is probably a better choice, but you will never now for sure until you look back at the end of your career.

Joe

JoeMerchant said:
EDUC8-or,
Listen to both opinions, but throw out the ones from people who have an ax to grind such as our friend ifly4food. As a long time ASA pilot, I think ASA is probably a better choice, but you will never now for sure until you look back at the end of your career.

Joe

First off, your question is pretty open ended. Pilots will often compare the airline they work for as being better then everyone else with a few exceptions. You need to make a decision based upon what fit's better in your life. To commute or not, cost of living, family and what would make the spouse happy. All things to consider first, then make your choice. Don't make a decision based upon what one company has and another does not. Things change rapidly and the future is always unknown in the aviation industry.

You need to pick the one that fits better for your lifestlye. You have to figure your going to be there for a few years,

Latest resources

Back