• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA new minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was pretty happy there for about the first 4.5 years. After that I was miserable. The management goes out of their way to make your life miserable. You will be treated as a liability rather than an asset to the company. The hotels are absoutely horrible. The schedules bite. How many other companies have a hot reserve where you have to sit at the airport for 10 hours and dont make any money for it other than perdiem??? There are plenty of other regionals out there that are much better....

So what changed after 4.5 years? How long is reserve?

So what changed after 4.5 years?

Dependability program, J4J program, hotels got worse and worse, and the blatant violation of the contract on a day to day basis. Is there anyone at PSA that would recommend a friend come there? Last I herd reserve was 1 year + in CLT

I used to be happy to invite my friends over, now I warn everyone to stay away, apologize to the ones that I talked into coming here a few years ago. I now try to tell everyone here to save thereselves. Life at PSA has gotten horrible. I have been here since the late 90's and the last 1 1/2 to 2 years PSA has lost it's way and fallen off a cliff. If you want continous contractual violations, constantly fighting for pay that is owed, horrible scedules (most senior line is 13 - 15 days off and uncommutable thats for a 20+ year guy) a illegal dependability program, constantly looking over your shoulder to see if mgt is trying to have you fired today, threatened to fly planes that the captain deems unsafe, well then come to PSA. I used to love it here but now like everyone else I hate it.

I was pretty happy there for about the first 4.5 years. After that I was miserable. The management goes out of their way to make your life miserable. You will be treated as a liability rather than an asset to the company. The hotels are absoutely horrible. The schedules bite. How many other companies have a hot reserve where you have to sit at the airport for 10 hours and dont make any money for it other than perdiem??? There are plenty of other regionals out there that are much better....

Sounds like life at just about every US airline, regional or major.

Jail

I heard that PSA's hotels are compared to being in Jail.
Can't go outside for fear of getting shot, stabbed or worse raped.

Go to work at PSA, all in all not so bad considering the Low "Mesa" style pay and reduced per diem. But check into the low class hotels and you are literally in Jail. Can't go outside, no workout rooms, no food, no transportation to anywhere. We are all serving prison terms for something we didn't do. Just a shame management doesn't respect us.

I heard that PSA's hotels are compared to being in Jail.
Can't go outside for fear of getting shot, stabbed or worse raped.

Go to work at PSA, all in all not so bad considering the Low "Mesa" style pay and reduced per diem. But check into the low class hotels and you are literally in Jail. Can't go outside, no workout rooms, no food, no transportation to anywhere. We are all serving prison terms for something we didn't do. Just a shame management doesn't respect us.

And no hotel bar???

:beer:

Man, I can vouch for the hotel situation when I was there. And the hotel they stay at where I live now is in a part of town that is not good(to put it lightly). It used to be a decent overnight....not anymore.

Latest resources

Back