• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA-Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, I'm definitely considering Comair, and now ACA since they have a CVG base.Just considering all options in the area right now, though. I'll have to wait to get back from Southwest Asia (the Big Sand Box) at the end of July before I make any moves.
Here's a thought: How difficult is it to get CVG based with ACA?

when i interviewed at mesaba the avro tng was in england and berlin (- the basic indoc). i still follow the company and had heard that you all were building a tng center in msp and the sim from england was moving there. just curious...

as for aca, i haven't heard anything about cvg yet, i think it just started this month (?) i would think it might be popular, given the other choices of bases on that thing (lga and bos). however, that's just my opinion...

All recent FRJ newhires here at ACA have been assigned to CVG. Classes are starting every Monday and they alternate betweeen CRJ one week and FRJ the next. I think all of the recent CRJ newhires have been assigned to ORD. We've got a bunch of resume's on file so if you are thinking about coming here you should act quickly. Also, a referral from a current ACA pilot will generally get you an interview within a week or two. Hope that helps. Good luck either way!

Thanks a bunch, that does help, but like I said before I really can't do much until my turn in the barrel (Middle East rotation) is done.Probablyaround the end of the summer. Thanks for the info, though!

Mesaba training has all moved to MSP. We've still got about 8 guys on furlough, the last 4 called back are being recalled into the Avro. Movement is going to be slow for a while, if you get on expect reserve or ready reserve with 10 days off a month for a while. Some pilots are leaving but it's slow. Lines, once you hold one, are pretty good and, as previously stated, credit for FO's is 85+ hours on average with 13 to 17 days off average depending on your domicile. I've heard training is improving. Our contract is up in June and the company is dragging its feet big time. However, it looks like we've got a couple of good bulldog union reps that aren't going to roll over (I hope).

LOL ok Anaconda I figured out what you meant by "tng".. training. I'm slow..
anyways, yea we have a brand new training facility in MSP and it's cool. It's only 50% done, but we've been using the open half since about Feb. We have 1 saab sim and an avro sim, with one more Saab sim being certified soon or may be done now. not sure.

I've HEARD, not yet experienced, that training is more standardized and consistent. This is supposed to be happening with testing as well.

Biggie,

If your still interested in life at PSA from what i heard last week we are interviewing even though there is all this mess going on here.

This month at one base there is 37 hard lines 4 build ups and 6 reserve lines.

Avg credit hours of the 37 hard lines is 90.86

Days off avg 12 - 2 lines with 15, 8 with 14, 11 with 13, 12 with 12, and 4 with 10 off.

For commuters the lines have gotten much better. This month I fly 4 on 3 off.

I posted our new pay rates (not industry leading, but at least its more) on another thread here somewhere.

good luck

BoredToDeath,
Thanks for all the information. I really do appreciate it. I'm definitely considering PSA when I get back.

Latest resources

Back