PSA info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

Looking for some info on PSA.. Which of the three bases is currently junior? How long is reserve these days? When is the contract up? How likely are some better pay rates? Are you guys pretty short on people? How long after you send your application are they calling back? Is there much attrition right now? How is the relationship with management? Are you happy? Is it run well? How many days off on an average line? commute policy?

Allright, sorry for all the questions. Any info would be great...

At the risk of sounding like a smart@ss, do a search; all those questions have been asked, answered, and debated ad nausum here within the past 6 weeks.

DAY is junior base. I hear reserve is next to nonexistant because of FO attrition. Better payrates will come with a new contract mid-term and short-term as more CR7s are added because of the blended 50/70 seat rate.

A domicile CP patrols these boards and he can give you better information. Good luck!

I wouldn't count on any better payrates midterm or any more aircraft at this time. I think CLT reserve is still lenghty but don't know for certain.

I sent them my resume via e-mail and got a response right away with a link to print out a copy of the application. I filled it out and sent it off, and was called for an interview about 2 weeks later. Hopefully all goes well!

DAY is the junior base however there are junior guys at CLT and TYS.... it's just you'll be on reserve longer at those two probably. We have a lot of guys on reserve right now, both captains and fos. And our scheduling dept makes reserve very trying.

The contract is not up until 2009 i believe. Theoretically the pay goes up each time we get anew 701 but there are no deliveries currently scheduled.

As far as I know the october and november classes have been filled but i could be wrong.

Not a lot of days off, 10 minimum and the most senior lines only have 14 or 15 usually so expect 10-12 days off for a long time.

There is no commuter policy, it has been brought up with the company though not sure what they want in return for giving us one. We are all anticipating some changes around here following the recent merger though noone is sure what they will be and if they will be good changes or bad.

Just a quick note about our commuter policy... We won't have to give anything up for it because it's already been given to us in one of our LOAs. The clincher is that it's tied to mainline instituting a commuter policy. That's the major problem with our contract: full of holes and caveats.

PoorJetDriver said:
I wouldn't count on any better payrates midterm or any more aircraft at this time. I think CLT reserve is still lenghty but don't know for certain.

Reserve in CLT is lengthy. I have friends from the JUL04 class that still sit on reserve. That is not the case in DAY nor TYS tho.

Smarta$$ said:
Looking for some info on PSA.. Which of the three bases is currently junior? How long is reserve these days? When is the contract up? How likely are some better pay rates? Are you guys pretty short on people? How long after you send your application are they calling back? Is there much attrition right now? How is the relationship with management? Are you happy? Is it run well? How many days off on an average line? commute policy?

Allright, sorry for all the questions. Any info would be great...
Which bases junior? DAY and TYS. DAY is the larger of the 2.

Contract up? 2009 I think.

How long reserve? DAY = couple months I would guess.
TYS= couple months as well maybe 3-6.
CLT= More than 1 year.

Application call back? I have no idea.

Attrition? It was quite a few but slowed down now. Couple retirements coming up too.

Relationship with management? Chief Pilots are way cool but I haven't pissed them off yet.

Am I happy? I am ok but would like to own a home someday. I am happy I am not at Comair, Pinnacle, ASA and so on since their troubles are just beginning.

How many days off in a hard line? 15-11 days off depending on domicile and seniority of course.

Commute policy? I guess something is in the works but I really don't care anyway since I do not commute.

I was in class in the summer of '04. Came to Charlotte a few months ago and just now got a line. The kicker is that there are about 150 FO's below me in the system.

As much as reserve sucks (and it sucks hard!) I did fly my butt off. Every month I was on reserve in CLT I over flew what most line holders flew. Great for the pay check.

I tend to think things will get better here. Thats just what I've surmised from reading through the lines. I think more birds are coming. But that again, I could be updating my resume in a few months. Who knows. I have a job for now though and I do enjoy it.

Thanks alot guys, its nice to have some serious and thoughtful responces! Keep em coming if anyone else has anything to add.

Latest resources

Back