PSA info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DorkProp said:
Just a quick note about our commuter policy... We won't have to give anything up for it because it's already been given to us in one of our LOAs. The clincher is that it's tied to mainline instituting a commuter policy. That's the major problem with our contract: full of holes and caveats.

Mainline has a commuter policy. At least I thought so. What LOA is that?

What exactly are the current pay scales? how long for upgrade? Does the company pay you during training? Per Diem? how is the quality of training? I have plenty of CL-65 time

Weasil said:
Mainline has a commuter policy. At least I thought so. What LOA is that?
Geez, I must have dreamed it or something. I just pored over all the LOAs and the contract and can't find it. I thought for sure we got the commuter policy in some LOA (tied to mainline, of course). But I guess I'm mistaken unless anyone else can chime in.

I'm sitting reserve in DAY now, and while it does tend to suck, they are flying me at least. Also, MAYBE I will have a line by December (that would be 2 months of reserve). We'll see. Stuff is in transition due to AWAC taking some flying the the possibility of Mesa leaving the east coast Airways system. Training is pretty good. You are paid your reserve (72 hours) during training + 24 hour per day per diem and a hotel room. As to the future, who knows... There are all sorts of rumors out there, but as somebody said already, at least we seem to be on the upswing as opposed to the down.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
What exactly are the current pay scales? how long for upgrade? Does the company pay you during training? Per Diem? how is the quality of training? I have plenty of CL-65 time

Captains First Officer
0-1 54.49 21.72
1-2 58.11 28.19
2-3 59.38 30.49
3-4 62.97 34.37
4-5 64.86 35.38
5-6 66.78 36.11
6-7 68.32 36.55
7-8 70.33 36.83
8-9 72.56
9-10 74.67
10-11 76.86
11-12 79.09
12-13 81.39
13-14 83.75
14-15 85.77
15-16 86.88
16-17 87.87
17-18 88.27

Upgrade is about 4-5 years right now. Depends if we have any future growth.
Company pays you 72 hour guarentee with 24 hours perdiem and your single occupancy hotel room. You just pay for food.
Training is good. If you have CRJ time, you wouldn't have a hard time.

Last edited:
you'll learn important things while you're at psa too. i've learned gettin on a 200 lb f/a though it passes the time leads to guilt and self hatred. also the longest i can stare at the sun above 20,000 ft is 90 seconds.

BoilerUP said:
At the risk of sounding like a smart@ss, do a search; all those questions have been asked, answered, and debated ad nausum here within the past 6 weeks.

DAY is junior base. I hear reserve is next to nonexistant because of FO attrition. Better payrates will come with a new contract mid-term and short-term as more CR7s are added because of the blended 50/70 seat rate.

A domicile CP patrols these boards and he can give you better information. Good luck!

Boiler,
Thanks, I hate repeating this over and over, probably just excited because calls went out for Interviews last week. If people interviewing don't do their homework there will be some embarrassed by the process...ie. testing. Training already has Test revision 3 ready, but I will not put it in play yet! At least for interviews on the 17-19 of Oct.!

Good Luck to all,
PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back