PSA build-up lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe 40 percent pass upgrade

60% bust rate? Wow, you guys must have an extremely passive FSDO, usually anything above 20% will trigger some sort of audit by the POI or APM.

Maybe 40 percent pass upgrade

That's not true. There was a high bust rate for some super senior FO's due mainly to lack of study/non-standardness. Training is not that hard.

The deal is this place is a horrid place to work with the worst reserve system in the industry and that ain't changing any time soon. Cause our mustachioed leader doesnt care about reservists. But at least I have a cool sticker that says my day has value. Maybe i'll put the sticker on my bunghole so i have some protection when the company and/or our union leadership bends me over and butt rapes me.

I have an idea. Go get a job somewhere else............This was the deal when you went there. What's different now?

Be glad you have a job or go elsewhere. It's easy.

I have an idea. Go get a job somewhere else............This was the deal when you went there. What's different now?

Be glad you have a job or go elsewhere. It's easy.

Is this goat boy? Where have you been we've missed you! No this wasnt the deal when I got here. Our union leadership has signed agreements with the company making our rsv life even worse. Oh and hey get a job somewhere else that is a BRILLIANT idea. Why didn't I think of that? You are a genius. Oh wait, I don't know what goat pasture you've been grazing in but there are no jobs anywhere at the moment. So I'm kinda stuck here and it would be nice to know while I spend eternity on rsv that my union doesn't authorize things that make life even worse.

Is this goat boy? Where have you been we've missed you! No this wasnt the deal when I got here. Our union leadership has signed agreements with the company making our rsv life even worse. Oh and hey get a job somewhere else that is a BRILLIANT idea. Why didn't I think of that? You are a genius. Oh wait, I don't know what goat pasture you've been grazing in but there are no jobs anywhere at the moment. So I'm kinda stuck here and it would be nice to know while I spend eternity on rsv that my union doesn't authorize things that make life even worse.

No sh^t my point exactly................No other jobs...be glad you have one. Get it? Unemployement is worse. but you probably have never worked for an airline that went done the toilet.

skeezer go back and do your math then we'll talk

If you are talking about the more senior group of FOs from this current upgrade round and the previous then yes, the bust rate was high due the to the reasons I laid out before. For the rest of the upgrading FOs the bust rate is nowhere near that bad. It really is not that hard to pass upgrade.

Last edited:
Upgrade at PSA was not difficult. The trouble is, this airline has gone through a few periods of "mass casualty" hiring...no sim rides and easy interviews. Anything to get butts in the seats. Upgrade, as it turns out, is the only way to weed out the guys that probably shouldn't have been here in the first place.
Driver, I think we're all happy to have a job...we're just sick of having it made worse by that weenie who isn't affected by any of the agreements he keeps making with the company. There is no reason for it at all, and we haven't gotten a damn thing back in return. Just a decrease in QOL. I guess that kind of lapse in judgement can happen when you've got your lips glued to Prater's @ss in a effort to get a spot on the national board back.

dc8 you must be in management because you use the same argument they will use for our next contract, " In this economy you should be glad to have a job. Therefore we will reduce your QOL and pay." We have guys, myself included that are sitting hot rsv 6 to 10 times a month. This NEVER was the case before. And all this for no extra pay. Sorry I didnt sign up for this sh!T. We have the worst rsv rules bar none in the industry and mustache man has been heard saying fixing the rsv system is not on his list of priorities. Sorry DC8 driver that pisses me off a bit.

As for the high percentage of upgrade failures, these guys were problem children from both a stick and rudder and disciplinary perspective. Upgrade is not that hard here if you can fly the box reasonably well and do everything verbatim out of the POH. These guys couldn't do that for the second time so they're gone.

Gotta agree with the crackho!! The truth is mustache and his sidekick have pissed away any QOL that we used to have on reserve. Which was still the worst in the industry. They have signed away any type of protection we had on Hot Reserve and they have hid it like bitches. They signed another agreement were we can have all captains or all FO's on hot reserve at the same time and have called it a win.

They have struck down any and all forms of bad communications, meaning websites where people can speak their minds without being outted, and subject to union bulls***. Great way to get rid of bad PR mustache!!!

The truth is you have almost 30% of a pilot group stuck on reserve with 1/2 of that been there over 5 years being treated like sh**. You can not tell me that an LOA can not be agreed upon to fix this bullsh**.

P.S.

Why don't you union leader bid reserve lines?

P.P.S.

Don't tell me I don't have the right to bitch, my money goes to you every month...

Disco

Latest resources

Back