• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA and Chautauqua Jumpseat Policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is my understanding that at NetJets you are not part 135, but part 91, section K (correct me if I'm wrong). As such, you would not be allowed to jumpseat, period.

328dork-

I believe Tex-ex was referring to the comment posted above by gslope2004 that reads...

"I would try to PM one of the guys directly. In this age of security, and where I worked before it was considered improper to discuss specifics on an open forum as this."

Talking about jump seat policy is NOT classified information. If you read the posts again, you will probably see that YOU are the one that should climb back up in your tree.

PFOT

Ok, my mistake. Didn't read all the post's.

Jumpseat crap is not top secret as some might think.

Pad full of trim- where did you get your name, you got hemroids or something?

It is my understanding that at NetJets you are not part 135, but part 91, section K (correct me if I'm wrong). As such, you would not be allowed to jumpseat, period.

I believe ATA will also take these guys, atleast that is what I have heard in the past since they do not require you to be on any list. Flight Options pilots have j/s on ATA without a problem but this airline is probably going to be your only option since no other carrier that I am aware of will take 91 frac guys. EJ & FO does provide positive space transportation for their pilots to and from their gateway city though so why they would need to j/s in beyond my reasoning not to mention the miles that they accumulate on a yearly basis. I did read somewhere stating that NJ does hold a 135 certificate for some reason but do not know how true that is...

3 5 0

Thanks everyone for the info. I was just trying to save the cost of renting a car for a short hop.

Yes NetJets has a 135 cert. I would guess approx 20% of our flights are 135. And that number is growing every day. The rest are 91, and will be under 91K in Feb 05.

Thanks again.

Yes NetJets has a 135 cert. I would guess approx 20% of our flights are 135. And that number is growing every day. The rest are 91, and will be under 91K in Feb 05.

If you are able to go ATA then you will have absolutely zero problems with the j/s.

Good luck

3 5 0

I reallydont understand why the "jumpseat" would be an available option in this circumstance. You are dilluting your own benefits by giving people who are not elegible for benefits to use them.In addition to that, you are turning a paying passenger into a non rever. But besides all this, i doubt youd make it pass the gate agents.

KingAirer said:
I reallydont understand why the "jumpseat" would be an available option in this circumstance. You are dilluting your own benefits by giving people who are not elegible for benefits to use them.In addition to that, you are turning a paying passenger into a non rever. But besides all this, i doubt youd make it pass the gate agents.

It is called professional courtesy.
P.S. What is your expertise in jumpseating KINGAIRER?

"P.S. What is your expertise in jumpseating KINGAIRER?"

My guess is NONE.

328dude said:
Ok, my mistake. Didn't read all the post's.

Jumpseat crap is not top secret as some might think.

Pad full of trim- where did you get your name, you got hemroids or something?

It might not be "super secret" stuff for you however I can tell you that if we have any security breaches what so ever the TSA will pull ALL jumpseating. Including pilots of their own airlines' right to sit in the cockpit.

The problem with 135 ops is that its harder to ensure they are working for who they say, and if that company is even in exsistance. Plus I do not believe that 135 operators have the same requirments for ID's. They may take many shapes and are hard to tell a fake. This is why at COEX all 135 operators on the list must be specifically approved.

Please do not take this stuff lightly as we cannot afford to loose another bennefit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back