PSA Airlines is hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Friend

PSA airlines is hiring saw a post on climbto350.com on 2/9/2011. The funny part which made me laugh was they asked what salary requirements do we require, perhaps 25.50/hr for first year. Are they not the lowest bidder of all regiona'ls surpassing Mesa.

PSA airlines is hiring saw a post on climbto350.com on 2/9/2011. The funny part which made me laugh was they asked what salary requirements do we require, perhaps 25.50/hr for first year. Are they not the lowest bidder of all regiona'ls surpassing Mesa.

Don't know if you have a question but judging by your profile ( if its current), you may be thinking of applying. If so, I would recommend exploring other opportunities; eagle, whisky, etc. Here we have practically NO reserve rules addressed in the current contract. A new hire pilot in Charlotte can expect 2-3 days per week on ready reserve. You'll begin to feel as though your uniform is painted on. Captain pay is competitive but fo's are definetly towards the bottom of rj drivers. Supposedly that's a major topic in negotiations.

And jar jar, thanks for noticing the awesome jackets.

Its a Regional Job!!! They are what they are! Some might be better today, and then 2 years they suck. Its a crap shoot!! Roll the Dice Baby!!!

PSA would be good if you live in one of the three bases. DAY TYS CLT.
Otherwise there are much better places to go. Our reserve rules are horrible. Worst in the industry. F/O pay is also on the bottom end. You also get written up for refusing to work on your day off. Good news is that when you have been here for 10 years you get 3 weeks vacation.

Unfortunately it is impossible to warn the average cfi who's been banging the pattern for the last 3 years, so ill just tell of my experience. I knew I wanted to fly since I was a kid. Caught a huge break by getting hired here with only 550hrs. Not knowing anything about work rules and so forth, I jumped at the opportunity. 1.5 years later I'm finally based in clt after 8 months of reserve in a crashpad in tys. Abused are worn down by scheduling, this once big eyed aviation loving kid was asking his friends when he could take the enterance exam for the fire dept. Also considered bartending. Psa literally made me hate aviation. Today, after 3.5 years with the company things are better. Off reserve and don't borrow money from my parents anymore, but in hindsight I should've gone to that asa interview. Just my experience, you may have a higher tolerance for abuse.

Unfortunately it is impossible to warn the average cfi who's been banging the pattern for the last 3 years, so ill just tell of my experience. I knew I wanted to fly since I was a kid. Caught a huge break by getting hired here with only 550hrs. Not knowing anything about work rules and so forth, I jumped at the opportunity. 1.5 years later I'm finally based in clt after 8 months of reserve in a crashpad in tys. Abused are worn down by scheduling, this once big eyed aviation loving kid was asking his friends when he could take the enterance exam for the fire dept. Also considered bartending. Psa literally made me hate aviation. Today, after 3.5 years with the company things are better. Off reserve and don't borrow money from my parents anymore, but in hindsight I should've gone to that asa interview. Just my experience, you may have a higher tolerance for abuse.

You said it perfectly. It's hard to be honest and not sound bitter and negative. But PSA has a way of wearing on you. We desperately need a new contract. Not 900 rates. The top 33% of this company have no idea what it's like to be in the bottom 33%. Come only to psa is you can live in base. Day 1 on reserve nearly always begins with 5am hot reserve.
Day 5 ends 9pm or later. If you have only 2 days off in-between you will end up with 1 day in your own bed/week. It's a horrible way to live. Our schedulers work either a 4on4off or 3on3off schedule. And tell us we have it easy working 5 on 2 off 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off....
Realistically you will spend 75-100 hrs away from your home per week.
For $20/year.
Don't believe anything that the HR people tell you. Ask a pilot if you want the truth.
Upgrade will be 5 plus years. Reserve could be 1-3 years for an F/O and maybe 3 or 4 if you ever upgrade. Could change for the better with the majors hiring but a lot of regional pilots are staying put, for whatever reason. We only have 16 pilots scheduled to leave to go to Mainline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back