Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clipper_Aurora

Alright then, a thought here a thought there, here's another one,
what is on the table for PSA, What's the good word? America West officials met with PSA officials yesterday, wonder what was said!

Here's another, With the new potetntial agreement with Mainline and the E190 it also allows 93 CRJ-900s to be flown off campus. PSA?????

Yet another....10 200's gone , 20 701's gained with the possibility of more

etc.

your thoughts?

Clipper_Aurora said:
what is on the table for PSA, What's the good word? America West officials met with PSA officials yesterday, wonder what was said!

Here's another, With the new potetntial agreement with Mainline and the E190 it also allows 93 CRJ-900s to be flown off campus. PSA?????

etc.

your thoughts?

Where u been hearing this?

Clipper_Aurora said:

etc.

your thoughts?

I think your last sentence is a bit optimistic. No 200's have left the system. There is the option for USAirways to reject the leases on 10 of the 200's within 6 month's though. Is that what your referring too?

How's Sven doing?

He changed his email address and never bothered to send me an update. Used to live in the same neighborhood as him.

Clipper_Aurora said:

etc.

your thoughts?

Nope, not PSA because U would then need to find the financing.

Mesa's 900s will arrive on C concourse in CLT next week.

Taco Rocket said:
Nope, not PSA because U would then need to find the financing.

Mesa's 900s will arrive on C concourse in CLT next week.

Yes but Mesa 900's is not a permanent deal. They are just filling in for the parked 737's.

Clipper_Aurora said:

etc.

your thoughts?

Where do our pilots get this continued sense of optimism? I'm always amazed at how many times, during the course of a trip, a co-worker will talk about CRJ900's arriving, CRJ200's leaving (not sure why that's good), or any number of knight-in-shining-armor-here-to-launch-my-career-into-the-commuter-stratosphere scenarios. Why does anything at all have to happen at PSA? Are we not truckin' along at a fairly normal pace, providing a measurable amount of feed to the mainline? These grandiose visions of huge numbers of very large RJ's crack me up. PSA now has more airframes than it ever had before. Were there always these non-stop rumors of unprecedented growth?

Maybe someone who's been here longer can fill us in.

Last edited:
BeCareful! said:
Where do our pilots get this continued sense of optimism?

It's all true man!! I heard it straight from the CLT Chief Pilot

BeCareful! said:
Where do our pilots get this continued sense of optimism? I'm always amazed at how many times, during the course of a trip, a co-worker will talk about CRJ900's arriving, CRJ200's leaving (not sure why that's good), or any number of night-in-shining-armor-here-to-launch-my-career-into-the-commuter-stratosphere scenarios. Why does anything at all have to happen at PSA? Are we not truckin' along at a fairly normal pace, providing a measurable amount of feed to the mainline? These grandiose visions of huge numbers of very large RJ's crack me up. PSA now has more airframes than it ever had before. Were there always these non-stop rumors of unprecedented growth?

Maybe someone who's been here longer can fill us in.

You have to place their remarks in the broader context of what the company told them when they were hired here.
Remember originally we were slated to take delivery of 85 new aircraft and these deliveries should have been completed by April of this year. In the desperate search to hire FO's many were told that they were the first wave of hiring bringing our pilot group from 280 or so to around 850 pilots within a year which would have guaranteed a speedy upgrade. I heard this story time and again from newhires all last summer.

Weasil -

Thanks for the reminder; now I get it. I guess I've been in this industry long enough to know when I hear things like: "Fast Upgrade," or "we will exercise all the orders and options," or "3 airframes every month for the forseeable future," I have learned to let it go in one ear, and smoothly right out the other one.
I have NEVER worked for an airline that told me the whole truth. Not even ONCE has a fleet plan materialized the way management said it would. Lots of PSA pilots would live happier lives if they would only live in the real world.

Latest resources

Back