PSA advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OSUFREAK

Called PSA today and got an interviewed scheduled for tomorrow! talk about quick. any insight on their interview would be great as i have little time to prepare. Thanks!

OSUFREAK said:
Called PSA today and got an interviewed scheduled for tomorrow! talk about quick. any insight on their interview would be great as i have little time to prepare. Thanks!

I interviewed at PSA July 18th and my class date was August 22nd.

There was three parts:

• HR / Chief Pilot two-on one
Very straight forward. “Tell me about a time when….

Why do you want to work for us?

• NEW Written test, mostly ATP questions.

• Sim ride. Either in a CRJ-200 or a B737
-normal T/O, Climb, Des, Maintain…airspeed / Alt. And ILS

(Probably the 737 because I’m flying the CRJ-200 sim tomorrow, along with everyone else in my class.)

All I can say is that PSA is a great airline, and they treat you very well.

Good Luck!

OSUFREAK said:
If I can recalled, the email they send me said "refrain form calling". My question is, are they ok with people calling and checking for their apps status? Thanks for the info.

I was returning a call from H.R. when they told me they had an opening the next day. I recieved the call about 2 weeks after mailing application. I know quite a few people from different airlines that have gotten interviews by calling to check on the status of their resume/app. I wouldnt be afraid to call, hope that helps

Word straight from HR to me: We are only planning to run four more classes for the rest of the year.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope I am proven wrong, but this is what I was told.

classes

From my understanding (outside the family of PSA currently)

2 classes in Oct. The first is filled and the second had 2 slots open
1 class in each of November and December with 12 in each (I think)

I interview yesterday and am hoping my name is one of the 26 for 2005.

Wanabe

OK, Here we go...

If you do the research, All the info is here or on Aviation Interviews dot com

Do the research....We know it's there so it's almost embarassing to send someone home for not passing the test....The whole d@&# thing is on the web boards.

Oct classes are now full, Filling Nov. 14 and Dec. 5th classes....Still Interviewing to fill classes and a pool for '06 hiring. Plans for Jan 2 class as of right now.

DO NOT CALL! There's nobody to call....If you have a referral, have them fill out the internal recommendation form and put it on top of your application when you send it in.

As for someone receiving the spelling error....I wouldn't doubt it, We are very short staffed and the Interview/HR department is covering for 4 jobs.

Any classes are better than the no classes, look at the other commuters, Less hiring this week than last, more bad news to come for others. We are on the climb up while it seems like others are headed to where we have been...Good Luck to all, I hope it works out for them. I know about '06 hiring but we will not publish until after '05 classes are full. I know that there is one person in the Jan 2, 2006 class because he had a commitment through Dec. He knows who he is.

The sim that was used this week was not the CRJ and probably will not be next time unless something changes, between now and the next interviews Oct. 17-19. I have already scheduled the "other" sim. Due to Upgrades, New hires and recurrents, our CRJ sim stays pretty busy.

Congratulations to the Interviewees this week, most will get the call soon but again, due to HR overload, be patient.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back