• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa 900's part 3 or 4.... I lost track

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If/when the 900's get here, they'll just park 4 more 200's. These will not be growth a/c no matter what they say. Don't believe it. Parker has said from day one that he wants to replace all 50 seat jets. This is how it starts.

Bait and switch.

I agree and wouldn't even put it past these dirt bags to bring on two 900's next month. Hopefully they won't but I can just see it now. They park two 200's and let us think it's because of staffing (which it should be) but in reality their plan is to put aircraft on property before anything can be negotiated and have us fly them now and negotiate later. From what I hear they could do it too, and we would have something like 60 or 90 days to come up with a rate. I hope not! but at this place you never know what TK and KH have up their sleeves!

I wouldn't be surprised either if PSA is an all 700 / 900 fleet of the same size by the time all the dust settles in a year or two. And all that was gained from the deal was a few bucks more an hour and maybe a few extra lines in our contract language that they will interperate however they see fit.

I agree and wouldn't even put it past these dirt bags to bring on two 900's next month. Hopefully they won't but I can just see it now. They park two 200's and let us think it's because of staffing (which it should be) but in reality their plan is to put aircraft on property before anything can be negotiated and have us fly them now and negotiate later. From what I hear they could do it too, and we would have something like 60 or 90 days to come up with a rate. I hope not! but at this place you never know what TK and KH have up their sleeves!

I wouldn't be surprised either if PSA is an all 700 / 900 fleet of the same size by the time all the dust settles in a year or two. And all that was gained from the deal was a few bucks more an hour and maybe a few extra lines in our contract language that they will interperate however they see fit.

I think we will have less airplanes but carry the same amount of people.
We went from 535 pilots 2 years ago to 466 today. Same amount of flying. But we are parking two airplanes because they can't staff them? We are short staffed because of retirements at mainline? ----Martin said this.
We are short staffed because there are only so many people willing to work so hard for so little. I think they don't want to hire new pilots because Martin wants to shrink this airline.

And can we even fly 90 seaters? Isn't there a scople clause here? Or is management going to ignore it and let mainline deal with it later?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back