• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pro's and Con's of Ameristar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never worked there, but seems to me their schedule of being on the road for weeks at a time would REALLY suck! The last Ameristar pilot I talked to said they where working on that though.

Never worked there, but seems to me their schedule of being on the road for weeks at a time would REALLY suck! The last Ameristar pilot I talked to said they where working on that though.
It's not s much the on the road time. It's the crap they try & pressure you into doing like flying unsafe aircraft, breaking duty etc. Although I'm not so sure it's purposeful, more like a room full of idiots in dispatch. The aircraft are so horribly maintained that I can remember 4 times where I wasn't sure i was going to come out of it uninjured or not.

Pilots voting with their feet is one way to get management's attention. In today's job market the loss of expereinced crewmembers is not easily replaced. If they are smart, they will fix the turnover problem like USA Jet did 8 yrs ago, we have heard maybe they are pretty smart at Ameristar.

Pilots voting with their feet is one way to get management's attention. In today's job market the loss of expereinced crewmembers is not easily replaced. If they are smart, they will fix the turnover problem like USA Jet did 8 yrs ago, we have heard maybe they are pretty smart at Ameristar.

Well you heard wrong,,,, Monetarily speaking it costs the company a lot less to train flight followers and crew schedulers than pilots.

And pissed off pilots cost the company $$$$$ in extra operating and maintenance costs.....

Which would you fix.......

they will never learn upstairs, take money from my perdiem for using the hotel phone to call dispatch and ill just fly it at full power for a week. who wins? I always do.

Latest resources

Back