Proposed UPS class dates and numbers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
H25BCPTN said:
This just came out today, that all new hires must have 1000 hours of PIC Jet time. A friend of mine that had already done his medical was called and told sorry. Good luck to everyone and see you in Louisville.

Fly Safe

Did you get hired? When's your class date? Did they say what aircraft they are going to put you in? Congrats! Hope to see you there too, sooner than later!

some crewmembers are starting basic indoc this week. the 1000jet PIC is accurate.

Not to sound nasty, but the way I see it they can be very picky in who they hire. With all the people on the streets who have the 1000 pic time and heavy time, etc, etc. I think it comes down to your personality.

All going to panel, some for each panel. 747, 727 and DC8. Majority to the 8.

Hey RHOID, still no changes in DAYTON, thought us contractors were getting the boot!! HA- You CFI - know it alls! Too funny, Just got pay raises and a better sched, thanks UPS!!!

Yes, I have been hired and will be attending the November 18th class. They will assign us AC sometime after we start class.

I am honored and excited to be part of the team at UPS. See everyone in Louisville.

Fly Safe

"Just got pay raises and a better sched, thanks UPS!!!"

waiting for a better sched. and a pay raise--

thanks IPA!
(lets not forget scope, pension, benifits)
fbt
100%

boomlrd said:
Hey RHOID, still no changes in DAYTON, thought us contractors were getting the boot!! HA- You CFI - know it alls! Too funny, Just got pay raises and a better sched, thanks UPS!!!

Just one SMALL point you forgot, the Menlo deal doesn't even close till the end of the year, so you are still contracted to Menlo and not UPS at this time. I've heard that the IPA will be making a BIG to do over the Menlo flying once the deal is done and I wouldn't be so smug about keeping your flying out of DAY in the future. Oh and one more thing, don't you think that Menlo management and your own contractor's management would tell you that you are going to keep the flying? Of course they would, otherwise you all would be distraught and try and screw the company over. My friends at UPS tell me that their management is great at putting out disinformation to suit their goals. So just because they say you will be flying Menlo doesn't mean you will be flying Menlo in the future.

I don't think that UPS will risk a war with the IPA over the flying in DAY, it's clear cut in the contract that the flying is IPA's once the deal in finished. UPS will talk tough that SCS is not an affiliate of UPS but I've been told that scope negotiations are going to be one of the key topics. They would probably have to keep some contractors flying for awhile as UPS does not have the aircraft or pilots available to immediately take over operations in DAY.

Latest resources

Back