• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proof positive that the ERJ-170 family of aircraft are indeed regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't know that, wow!! And those guys stay airborne for way to long. At least they can get up and walk to the back and ditch those headsets. Whatever it takes to make my life in the office sweet then I'll make it happen. :)
One of the funny stories I heard while flying in on the AWACS as a FE goes something like this..

A F-4 pulls up behind a KC-135. The FO talks to the F-4 asking a bunch of questions and asking how cool it is. The fighter guy full of himself says "watch this." He lights the burners goes under the tanker and loops over the top and comes back to pre-contact and says "how was that?" The tanker captains says that was pretty cool but watch this. The fighter guy watches intently and after a few minutes calls up and says "what are you going to do?" The tanker captains says "well I got up, walk to the back and took a p..s, warmed my lunch and got a some coffee." Figher guy breaks off and heads back to base.

I always thought that was funny.

It has noting to do whether they are need it or not. It has to do with the fact that those pilots are paid nada. There is no way they can afford a 500 dollar headset, so they use what they have.
I did the same thing on a CRJ until I had enough extra money to get a Telex.

It is not a RJ. Sorry Brownie.

Walks like a duck!!!

It's an RJ

But who cares???!!!

Planes is planes!!!

I hear stories that 170 pilots think they are "cooler" than CRJ and ERJ pilots because the 170 had engines on the wing, like the A320 and 737. They think that makes them just like Airbus and Boeing pilots, So I've heard.

One of the funny stories I heard while flying in on the AWACS as a FE goes something like this..

A F-4 pulls up behind a KC-135. The FO talks to the F-4 asking a bunch of questions and asking how cool it is. The fighter guy full of himself says "watch this." He lights the burners goes under the tanker and loops over the top and comes back to pre-contact and says "how was that?" The tanker captains says that was pretty cool but watch this. The fighter guy watches intently and after a few minutes calls up and says "what are you going to do?" The tanker captains says "well I got up, walk to the back and took a p..s, warmed my lunch and got a some coffee." Figher guy breaks off and heads back to base.

Good one. Nephew of mine is in USC about to start his final year. He is in the AF ROTC program and is away at summer camp in MS. He wants to fly fighters in a bad way. I told him to look at all avenues and understand what each airframe offers. It's all about QOL.

It has noting to do whether they are need it or not. It has to do with the fact that those pilots are paid nada. There is no way they can afford a 500 dollar headset, so they use what they have.
I did the same thing on a CRJ until I had enough extra money to get a Telex.

It is not a RJ. Sorry Brownie.

I understand that thought process totally.

I do know that Bose offers the X on a 12-month payment plan with no interest. Pilot receives the product up front and a small gift too. I bought the X on that same plan and received a small handheld GPS which I gave to my boys.

Bose company offers a GREAT support system. I recently sent the headset back for some work and not a cost to me. They replaced the headset ear cups and even set an extra set too. Great product and support network. They have my business for sure!!

I hear stories that 170 pilots think they are "cooler" than CRJ and ERJ pilots because the 170 had engines on the wing, like the A320 and 737. They think that makes them just like Airbus and Boeing pilots, So I've heard.

Brown,

They are just like airbus and boeing pilots.

Planes is planes.

Bob Stevens, the genius behind the "There I was..." cartoon, did a version of this. It was B52 v. F4. The only difference was the B-52 guy replying, "I just shut down two engines."

A great series of books. 2 thumbs up!

Latest resources

Back