Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional Independent Contract Pilots...why do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks sshrae, appreciate the info. I would be using my Beechjet and Hawker type ratings to get started. It's been a number of years since I flew either aircraft, so I would be enlisting Flight Safety to get current again.

Based on your knowledge, if invested in an additional, large cabin type rating, is it possible to offer contract services in an aircraft that one has zero time in?

thx

I would contact a service such as Jet Aviation. Once your through the pile of BS paperwork they do a phenomenal job of keeping you busy, despite flying a Cessna:D If you need a contact PM me and I can point you in the right direction. Good Luck!

JPI hasn't done anything for me. Im flying two Gulfstream types and email JPI weekly with my availability. They have all of my updated documents and I'm FSI current and proficient in both types. I haven't own for them and only email them availability so I know I haven't pissed them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

JPI hasn't done anything for me. Im flying two Gulfstream types and email JPI weekly with my availability. They have all of my updated documents and I'm FSI current and proficient in both types. I haven't own for them and only email them availability so I know I haven't pissed them off.

Networking via email doesnt work nearly as well as contacting them via phone or even stopping by if your on a trip. They probably get 50 emails a day with people doing the same with the same credientials. Just a thought, best of luck!

An LLC or S corp is the best way to contract in my opinion for the reasons you stated.

What liability do you have that you think an llc is going to save you? An llc will just give you a tax nightmare. I would look into this more before you set up one.

Latest resources

Back