• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Professional Ethics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did the alleged incident happen in ATL? Just curious, because we have an alert on a similar incident. The individual is an FAA safety consultant and former regional airline Captain and management.

No this did not happen in ATL, but I know the individual you are speaking about. That guy has already had numerous complaints filed about him. This happened up north. Again, I am not going to bash airlines on this board. This is meerly an attempt to bring to light how we as professionals should act. I am very disgusted how this has transpired and how the pilot in the back of the aircraft handled the situation. I know it is hard to get the message out, but we all really need to be professionals. We all choose where we want to work and we all work in a very conservative professional environment. Lets just all be professionals out there!

Want to really have some fun with this? Post it on Airliners.net, sit back, crack open a beer and watch the fun begin.........

I know of a Captain that was turned in by a jumpseater in the actual for going faster then 250 kts. below 10,000'. It wasn't like he was intentionally speeding but they were all talking and the Captain who was the flying pilot, didn't notice it until the jumpseater said something.

Now that's B.S.! In the end, nothing became of it but that's beside the point.

The 50-seat CRJ and the challenger is notorious for smoking-hole accidents related to contamination on the hard wing. If it was a 200 with any contamination, I would have jumped up and advised the crew...if they still wanted to fly with ice/frost then I would have respectfully insisted on being returned to the gate.

This was not a CRJ. The pilot in the back of the aircraft was a CRJ captain. He was riding on a seperate airline and different aircraft. He was way out of turn and did not know the aircraft, the airline FOM/GOM, the station procedures nor did he use any common sense. The hope of this thread is to bring to light that we all should use some professionalism when interacting with our colleagues. Regardless of airline, airplane, union bs etc... We all started in exactly the same place in our careers and all work very hard to get a professional flying position. Just be professional out there and if you see something safety related use the proper channels and dont rat out your fellow aviator!

You know whats funny? For as skilled and educated as pilots are its amazing to me that very few of us have any common sense.

When asked why he said nothing during the investigation he said something along the lines of 'I would expect the same courtesy from them if it was my plane'

Nobody deserving of that courtesy would attempt to take off with the aircraft in that condition.

Off topic question here:

Regionaltard,
Why do you use the fatal Concorde flight in your signature?

If could conceive of what my life would be like if I gave a $hit about stuff like what someone used for a signature on an Internet BB I might be able to come up with an answer, but since I can't, I can't.

Latest resources

Back