• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Private L-1011???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was the king of saudi arabia. He and his following were in town for his daughter's court date from when she pushed her maid down the stairs. They came in his private L-1011, a leased BBJ, and the reporters he brought from s.a. arrived in his 727 while I was there. They all files off the ramp in a line of about 15 Mercedes Benzs, Rolls Royces and a number of limos and minivans. A U-Haul truck then backed up to the 72 and proceeded to unload all of the reporters' equipment and baggage. All for a court appearance for his daughter according to the line guy I talked to.

He also has a private 747 with a swimming pool in the front cargo compt.. The entire interior trim pieces are solid gold, the cockpit is trimmed in solid gold with the rudder pedals solid gold as well. All of his jets have a jacuzzi as well.

sick

Swimming pools and jacuzzi's?

What happens on TO's and turns?
What happens in turbulence?

Would hate to be the pilot for that. I can hear it already:
"Uh, the king is in the tub and would like you to fly straight with no turb so his face doesn't get wet. "

haha! no doubt!

I don't know about the solid gold fittings- sounds like an urban legend! The Saudi royal family does operate the largest private fleet of aircraft in the world. There are several hundred princes and other royals, and they use a fleet of dozens of business jets and at least a dozen widebodies. Rumor has it the king's plane has a gyrostabilized seat that is tied in to the INS system so it always faces Mecca!

Too bad money can't buy judgement...

yeah, when the other poster mentioned Saudi, i figured it had something to do with that princess or whatever that pushed her servant...

Latest resources

Back