Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
Seen on the west MCO ramp this weekend...what appears to be a privately-owned L-1011, black over white with a funky script-like logo on the tail. Too far away to get any the tail number. Any thoughts on who might fly/own such a beast???

Similar plane found on airliners.net owned by Yassar Arrafat (sp), but it's not the same on (as far as I can tell).

I was just there Thursday and the line guy told me it was the Prince of Saudi Arabia. Then there was a BBJ down at the other end that came from there also. I have seen it in Philly to the L-1011. What could he be doing at those places. Especially at MCO checking out Disney World for his buddy UBL. Just my thoughts. But that's whose plane it was.

Probably just checking on their investments... and making sure they don't become a target for terrorism.

"Probably just checking on their investments... and making sure they don't become a target for terrorism. "

I don't believe that too much. It's probably more like checking places thier buddies can hit us again. Like UBL and his scumbags.

Yup. He used to come into Greenville SC where I instructed, as there is a Lockheed facility there. It is Teal green, and I'm told has thick white shag carpet on the inside. Only certain people are allowed inside, and with no shoes, of course. My friend was an avionics tech, and he said it had way too many antennas on it! It also only has about 500 hours on it, as he purchased it new, and only flies it around when he has to go to other countries. I hear the owner flies it himself sometimes too. What a plane.

I saw a private L-1011 on the ramp in Idaho Falls, Id back in '95.
It was owned by King Hussein of Jordon (couldn't land in Jackson Hole where he was vacationing). It had a huge crown painted on the Tail.

He flew out of Jackson Hole on a private boeing jet to Seatle. He went to Wa. to look at 777's to replace the L-1011. I don't know if he bought one.

as i described in my original post, the plane is black, with a white bottom. i don't know what teal green plane you are talking about...

thanks everyone for the replies...

Latest resources

Back