• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Private checkride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the aopa have a very interesting article on what the examiners like and dislike during checkride (flying part). Check it out online on their website.

Yeah I'm in the same boat....I figured the PTS, POH and REGS would be the place to look up things...One thing everyone has told me...make sure you are
showing that you are safe during flight as well as checkrides....I heard extra cash and doughnuts work too...Heh heh.

check ride prep

The P.T.S is a excellent source for what you need to study. Its all their so their should be no surprises. Also, the P.T.S has a list of things to bring with you for the check ride for example a hood, current sectional, AFD AC manuals and so on. For the check ride a applicant should know 90% of the regs in part 91. Many many(I feel old) years ago I remember reading the AIM quite a few times to better prepare my self for the oral portion of the ride. Use the P.T.S and get a list of all the flight maneuvers you will be tested on. Now, start making flash cards on how to set up for the maneuvers on one side and what will cause you to fail the maneuver on the other side. Also add the recovery procedure for each maneuver. Do not forget to add clearing turns and pre-maneuver check list to the flashcard so you will not for get. Once you have made all the flash cards now is the time to memorize each maneuver so on the day of the check ride it will be a easy and the examiner will be impressed. Hope this helps
Goodluck

Don't worry too much about it, it's just a private check ride it's not as if you're going for the airline transport certificate. The guy/gal wants to see if you can fly the plane safely and generally know things about your aircraft and regulations. You don't have to know every thing by the book however if they ask you things like what color are position lights you should know. I literally spent the last few days before my private check staying up nights memorizing things even turning down social events, then the actual check was the easiest possible thing I could have imagined, felt like an idiot for being prepared that much.

Yeah But the extra knowledge did ya no harm...so Don't feel like an Idiot.
Even if you feel the extra info was useless...

Latest resources

Back